Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PICS ADDED: What to get slabbed? Bank BOX of 58-D Uncirculated Rolls - $25 face value...

What to get slabbed? Bank BOX of 58-D Uncirculated Rolls - $25 face value...

The end roll wheaties on these rolls are amazingly Rainbow Toned. I know I want those certified but should I send in ALL of them to see if I can get an MS-68, 69 or 70? Is there a large premium on any high grades or should I just send in the end rollers...

Thanks,

Doug
Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Comments

• Options
    Got pictures?
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    Well, just of the box from a seller on eBay...I farm out my pics to GT. But the end rollers are NEON Electric Geometrically and Target toned Rainbows....wowsers (similar BUT much better to a box of 1961's I bought in the past - see good pics of those below).

What about the other 48 coins in the 50 rolls...worthwhile to submit and hope or just save my money?

Thanks,

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options

<< <i>Well, just of the box from a seller on eBay...I farm out my pics to GT. But the end rollers are NEON Electric Geometrically and Target toned Rainbows....wowsers (similar to a box of 1961's I bought in the past - see good pics of those below).

What about the other 48 coins in the 50 rolls...worthwhile to submit and hope or just save my money?

Thanks,

Doug >>

drop dead gorgeous, wow!
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    I would personally send every end roll toned one in for sure. Toned coins are commanding high prices. It would be worth it.

I love the Lincoln in the 2nd column, 3rd row. Beautiful toning on that baby!
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    That picture of the endroll pieces looks very familiar... image

I'm about 90% sure that I have seen that picture before and Anaconda (?) was the one that handled the group of rolls.

D'oh. I need to read closer. Nevermind. image
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Not to mention, those rolls can't be '58-D because they're Memorial cents.

D'oh. I need to read closer. Nevermind. image
  • Options

<< <i>Not to mention, those rolls can't be '58-D because they're Memorial cents.

D'oh. I need to read closer. Nevermind. image >>

image Those were Anaconda's...he sold them to me. I bought this current batch recently and they look as good and better in most cases as the Memorials...Thanks! doug
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What to get slabbed? Bank BOX of 58-D Uncirculated Rolls - $25 face value...

The end roll wheaties on these rolls are amazingly Rainbow Toned. I know I want those certified but should I send in ALL of them to see if I can get an MS-68, 69 or 70? Is there a large premium on any high grades or should I just send in the end rollers...

Thanks,

Doug >>

A box of 58-D Memorials? You're rich! A hoard of mint errors!

Edited to add that I'm an idiot for not reading the text next to the photos of your previously purchased 1961 bank box image
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    (similar BUT much better to a box of 1961's I bought in the past - see good pics of those below).

he explained he did not have pixs of the 58-D's but those 1961's he had gotten earlier the pix you see but from another sale, look like the the 58's he just got (not picuted).
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options

<< <i>A box of 58-D Memorials? You're rich! A hoard of mint errors!

>>

Oops, sorry for the confusion...but would a bulk submission to PCGS look for mint errors in general or would I have to identify them myself first?

Thanks,

Doug
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to bust a roll open and see if there were any 66's ($35). If you could find 100 worthy of bulk submission, you could do well with 66s. That's tough in rolls that show carbon spotting on the end roll coins like the '61 pics.
    An MS67 and you are in the money with a 58D ($785.) though it's possible, it's just very difficult to ever get anything higher in rolls than MS66/67 and more likely you'll end up with MS64/65 as the majority.

If you find mint errors ( I think people are thinking of the 58 P Doubled die.... you have 58d), you will have to submit them as errors. This is a forty dollar per coin charge. I don't know if there is a bulk break on mint errors, nor do I think you will find any significant errors in the Denver minted coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file