Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What would you think about a "Type Set" for baseball cards?

I am a coin collector as well as a baseball card collector. For anyone who collects coins you are probably familiar with a type set. A type set is an example of every coin minted from 1/2 cents to silver dollars and is very popular with collectors.

I think it would be cool to do the same thing with baseball/football/basketball. The baseball type set for example would include one T205, T206, playball, etc. and be a part of the registry sets.

Any thoughts?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    it's already in the registry, although there are huge missing sets and inconsistancies.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    You can check under the "Key Card" section. It's called "Ultimate PSA Sampler Vintage Set", although it's not very "ultimate"

DD
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I never noticed that before thank you for the info. I just briefly skimmed through it, but that's is kind of what I had in mind. I thought I had explored all the area's of the registry but somehow I missed that.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

• << <i>I never noticed that before thank you for the info. I just briefly skimmed through it, but that's is kind of what I had in mind. I thought I had explored all the area's of the registry but somehow I missed that. >>

it seems you need to spend even more time visitng the psa set database...i subscribe an extra hour each dayimage
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    A type set that I do is a topps card from every year since 1951. That way i can see how the cards have changed over the years.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    WinPitcher that is a good idea and it would make a neat display.

JDRF Donation