Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody like heavily toned proof morgans?

This one has a bit o' toning.... image
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Comments

• Options
    Where's the rainbow?
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I prefer heavily toned proof Morgans to the generic vanilla fudge conserved specimens coming out of NCS and other rare coin factories. Many more coins have been ruined than saved in this process.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I prefer heavily toned proof Morgans to the generic vanilla fudge conserved specimens coming out of NCS and other rare coin factories. Many more coins have been ruined than saved in this process.

roadrunner >>

However I don't see how it's possible to accurately judge the specimen in this thread on that picure.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like ORIGINAL toned Proof Morgan dollars, but if the toning has gone to the point where the luster under the toning is gone, I'll pass. No luster Proofs, except when they are Matte Proofs, have no allure for me.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the TT proof is not easily discernable from the photo, it is obviously not a too white conserved coin, so I would at least look at it.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    That's is a nice one. I really like it.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I shocked it's a PR65, and it's ugly too.

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file