Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Buying - Fresh & Unopened 3 Pc. Gold Coin 20th Anniversary Sets - New Higher Level Posted On 10/

BUYING - FRESH AND UNOPENED (3) PC. GOLD COIN (20TH ANNIVERSARY SETS).

Paying $41,000.00 today for a sealed (10) lot, subject to certain conditions I will discuss with anyone seriously interested in selling their sets fast and easy. Feel free to call me at (949) 394-7122 today or PM me with your phone number. If you bought (10) sets @ $2,610/set issue price from the US Mint and are getting delivery this week, you may bank nearly an $14,900 profit instantly!

My buy prices are always subject to change without notice for whatever reason.

Thanks. Wondercoin (Mitch).

P.S. - NEW LEVEL (10/3/06) $41,000 PER (10) SETS FRESH AND UNOPENED.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    WHY O WHY DIDN'T I PULL THE TRIGGER ON TEN SETS??? IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT OFFER MITCH. SURE WISH I HAD SOME TO SELL image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Your offer is not so fresh. In fact it looks like a downright STEAL. These sets are bringing over $4000.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sean: Even if I wanted to TTT this thread with a fresh price, I can't under the rules. The downright "steal" was buying them from the Mint at $2,610/set last month. Easiest $10,000.00 to be made in the coin biz today - classic or modern. Prices have moved up sharply in past 24-48 hours it appears though - you are right. I'll pay $36,010.00 for a sealed box of (10) sets this weekend- cash on the barrel head. I'll take (30) sets - who wants to make $30,000.00 profit this week dealing some modern coins? Wondercoin. image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Your offer is not so fresh. In fact it looks like a downright STEAL. These sets are bringing over $4000. >>

Sorry Sean, I don't see it as a STEAL. Even if the market settles out at $4000 per set, $3200 would be eighty percent let alone the extra $50 Mitch was offering ($3250). There is still a lot of speculation on the “value” of these sets, or even if the US Mint will release the Reverse Proof later on as a single. Mitch has established his own “network” (marketplace) for modern issues, most dealers in older coins try for a twenty percent profit margin why shouldn’t he?

Mitch’s offer sounds reasonable to me, after all he is the one taking the gamble: Will the price of gold drop? Will there be a demand for the coins? Will PCGS treat the Reverse Proof the same way they currently treat the Satin Finish / Business Strike coins by having an either / or solution on Registry Sets? And, will the US Mint offer single versions of the Reverse Proof coins in the future?

There are too many unknowns not to want at least a twenty percent margin, so to call it a STEAL or a rip is without merit. If I’m wrong, are you offering $3700 per set?

Just my humble opinion,
    Tim

Edited to add: If PCGS doesn’t treat these Reverse Proofs in the Registry with the same policy of Either / Or that they do with the Satin Finish / Business Strikes. A lot of collectors will be upset with the inconsistent treatment or special treatment given. What is fair for one should be fair for all. And under an either / or policy, will the Reverse Proof maintain the “value” of $4000 plus?image
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    A few points here....

- Poor etique to attack someone's BST thread. Start your own thread to buy at a higher price.
    - Not a steal to make an offer... no one is compelled to accept. Also, do not forget Mitch's offer will not have pesky e-bay fees. I do not know how he is paying, but possibly saving Paypal fees too.
    - I consider the difference between a proof and a reverse proof far more significant than the Satin Finish or Business Strike. There is even the point that both coins are issued in the same set.

- Mitch, you need to offer $36,100 not $36,010 for the $10,000 profit.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options

<< <i> A few points here....

- Poor etique to attack someone's BST thread. Start your own thread to buy at a higher price.
    - Not a steal to make an offer... no one is compelled to accept. Also, do not forget Mitch's offer will not have pesky e-bay fees. I do not know how he is paying, but possibly saving Paypal fees too.
    - I consider the difference between a proof and a reverse proof far more significant than the Satin Finish or Business Strike. There is even the point that both coins are issued in the same set.

- Mitch, you need to offer $36,100 not $36,010 for the $10,000 profit. >>

itsnotjustme - A few counter points here…..

Where you list the three items, with out separation, I will assume that they are referred to me considering that I was the only one to bring up your point 3.
    1. I did not attack someone’s BST thread; I made a comment on the Registry Forum not in the BUY, SELL or TRADE Forum. If anything I was showing that the offer was not a STEAL.
    2. If the market to sell was eBay, you are correct in saving those fees.
    3. A “Proof” or a “Reverse proof” is still a proof coin and if it carries the same date, mint mark and design then it would be a double standard not to use PCGS’s decision of either / or in the Registry just like they did with the “Satin Finish” verses the “Business Strike” coins. If PCGS wants to allow two different and unique types of proofs to have separate slots in a set, then they should allow two different and unique types of uncirculated coin a separate slot in their respected sets. In order for the Registry to have credibility it must be consistent across all denominations, then let the chips fall where they fall.

Personally, I feel that all coins that the US Mint strikes different and unique on purpose should be given their own slot within the series they belong.

And NO, I was not offering to buy any of the three coin sets for $3700. That comment was sarcastically to show that Mitch’s offer was not unrealistically low in my opinion and that he was taking a risk.
  • Options
    Tim: I am not sure any of those comments were directed at you. But, in any event, my buys here on the boards have closely tracked my buys on CCE, where I have been as strong a buyer, dealer to dealer, as any other dealer in the country over the past week, including those dealers buying for TV.

In fact, the $36,000+ I offered was higher than any other public offer I had ever seen out there for this 1-week old product. And, I am happy to pay via bank wire, so there will be no PAYPAL fees image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    TAClough,
    My comments were based on all the posts, not just yours.

On #1, you are correct it is a Registry thread not a B/S/T thread, but it is an offer to buy that is very similar to a BST thread. And this was directed to a different poster.... the one who called it a steal.

On #2, agree. The visible market people are looking at is e-bay. If people are comparing to e-bay they should consider the differences, including that Mitch is likely extremely low risk buyer compared to an e-bay unknown. Note while the number of sales on e-bay is low. prices are clearly trending upward.

On #3, being I got an order in, I know where my interest lies. So you can consider my comments for what they are worth. The average Joe on the street would not notie the difference between the SF and Unc coins. The reverse proof is clearly not in this situation. It is considered a different coin by the mint, unlike the SF where they are actually put in the mint sets in place of--NOT IN ADDITION TO--the normal coin.

Cheers!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Even if I wanted to TTT this thread with a fresh price, I can't under the rules. >>

Mitch I see nothing wrong in giving a reply to comments made on your buy post.
    If some don't see the need for clear answers to questions raised, then maybe they should lurk untill learning what a TTT is, and what providing information is.
    Dan
  • Options
    If someone is making comments regarding your offer. I see no reason why a legitimate response would constitute being a TTT and I would not regard it as being so.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    Thanks for clearing that up Paul.

Wondercoin