Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pay if bodybag?

tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
I was thinking aboutsending in a few toned peace dollars that I have that I am 99.9% positive they are NT toned as they have been with my mother for almost 30 years. In the case for some reason they are AT and PCGS or NGC bodybags them do I still have to pay for the service.

Thanks again and what direction would you go?
Transactions..
wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Here's a post from a while ago explaining your question.

Link
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you must pay, still... bodybags still require that a grader view the coin in hand and make an assessment or determination.
    You are sure they are NT, so they probably are. Your family usually has no interest in coloring coins. What happens over time, happens.

You cannot know until you pay image It's that catch-22 thing.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

You are paying for PCGS's opinion, regardless if that opinion is MS68 or Questionable Color.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    You don't know the PCGS slogan?

"Either way, you will pay."
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    YES!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Why would you expect to get a service without paying ?

• Options
    JSssonJSsson Posts: 891
    Even though it is dissapointing to get your coins back in a no-grade bodybag, the coin did in fact go through the process of being registered and graded with the respective grading companies. Since the graders looked at the coin and graded it then full service was performed on the coin and that is why the fees are still kept by them. I thought the companies keeping the fees was not good until a dealer explained the reasons to me, and it made sense to me from then on.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will pay, and as I mentioned in my last post, I think the coins--if they all look like what you posted--will bodybag.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if they are AT or NT. It only matters if they are market acceptable. Some AT coins are market acceptable and PCGS will slab them.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file