Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is anyone aware of a "micro D" on a 1921 morgan?

I have a 1921d Morgan that looks like a mico D? Is anybody aware of a vam like this?,pictures availible soon,Thanks,MoJo
Ebay Seller I.D
the_northern_trading_company
ace@airadv.net
imageimage

Comments

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    All 1921-D morgans are micro D.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All 1921-D morgans are micro D. >>

And as I get older, they get even micro-er!
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image micro-er

I get it image
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All 1921-D morgans are micro D. >>

And as I get older, they get even micro-er! TD >>

And then some!
  • I have often wondered why the heck that thing is so dadgum small, but since its the only Denver Minted Morgan.....well was nothing to compare it to
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    The only coins struck in Denver in 1921 were the dime, half, and dollar. Is it possible that they just used the same mintmark punch for all three coins? The mintmark would have to be small enough to fit on the dime and it would do well in that small area on the half as well. Since Denver had never struck dollars before, there would not have been a larger D mintmark punch so they just used the one they had. The next question is did they make or get a larger D punch for later date dollars? I don't believe they did because I seen to recall the mintmarks on the peace dollars are also all very small as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file