Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you can't beat em...

Since there are SO many fake seated dollars coming out of Asia these days, maybe I should start collecting them. Counting the mules, there seems to be a virtually infinite number of varieties available for little more than the cost of shipping. I mean, where else can you find a 1776 trade dollar? It's an inexpensive hobby. Maybe I can even send them in to NTC to have them slabbed!

By the way, I have to commend one guy from Thailand. He states up front that his coins are "Reproductions" and they look a lot nicer than most of the ones from China. Hope he doesn't get NARUd.

Comments

• Options
    Are these coins ever made out of silver? If so it might be kind of interesting.
  • Options
    If they look nice, I wouldn't mind a few dozen for a poker set...
    I listen to your voice like it was music, [ y o u ' r e ] the song I want to know.

I'd give you the world, just because...

Speak to me of loved ones, favorite places and things, loves lost and gained, tears shed for joy and sorrow, of when I see the sparkle in your eye ...
    and the blackness when the dream dies, of lovers, fools, adventurers and kings while I sip my wine and contemplate the Chi.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    My father-in-law went to Shanghai and picked up 40 of them for me to use in my Civil War reenacting for poker chips. You don't have to worry if they walk off, but I do try to keep track of them. I would like to pick up a few rolls more to use as poker chips. I paid $0.90 each, but they tend to be too expensive on eBay.

Tom
    Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file