Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1971 PSA 9 & 10

Some very low pop PSA 9 1971 Topps up for bid this week. Even a '71 Tommy John PSA 10. Click below...some of these aren't getting much action.

Comments

• Options
    they will. usually at the last second.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    If you told your friends 15 years ago that a gem mint 1971 Tommy John would some day sell for more than $700, they'd say you're absolutely nuts.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    WOW, I just had to go look this up... out of the 92,234 '71 Topps cards graded, only 106 have been graded PSA 10.

WOW
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I've been hunting raw '71s for awhile now and 9's are nearly impossible to get. 10s are unheard of. I'm anxious to see what this finally goes for as well as the low pop 9's.

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    At one point when I was building the 71's there were around 40 PSA 10's and I had 4 of them. Although very, very difficult they are increasing in pops just like every other issue. Cards that didnt exist in PSA 9's 2 years ago now have several, and cards in PSA 8 that had pops of 12 2 years ago now have pops of 50-75.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some very low pop PSA 9 1971 Topps up for bid this week. Even a '71 Tommy John PSA 10. Click below...some of these aren't getting much action. >>

Looks like you won a 1971 set from the recent Mastro auction? I'm assuming so because it had a PSA 10 Tommy John.
  • Options
    Not bad--$1525 for the John.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)