Post your Oklahoma!

Nobody Pays More! image
Trophy National Banknotes
redseals, brownbacks, statistical rarities, entire state and regional collections, first charters, no. #1 notes!
---------------------------------------------

Comments

• 0882208822 Posts: 5,021
    Nobody Pays More! image
    redseals, brownbacks, statistical rarities, entire state and regional collections, first charters, no. #1 notes!
  • Ahh, good ol' Oklahoma, my neighbor to the North...and my only Okie note.

Nobody Pays More! image

Top Buyer Of Oklahoma Nationals
  • Nice McAlester red seal!
    OK.McAlester

"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons." -Dostoevsky
  • This note does belong in this thread...

OT.Texhoma

"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons." -Dostoevsky
  • GODOT...

Your images are showing as an empty box with a red "X"

Oklahoma has some very unusual Town Names....very cool
    Junk Yard Dog...

Nobody Pays More! image
  • Godot, that Texhoma note makes me slobber...I have one of 2 known smalls to represent the town. It's the only small OK note to bring over $10k to my knowledge. Wanna trade? :-)
    Nobody Pays More! image
  • Jesse- That Mounds postcard is cool! Mounds is right outside Tulsa....and that bank is still there, fully intact. In fact, I might have a "modern day" picture of it to send this weekend. I'd love to have a Mounds, IT red seal....
    Nobody Pays More! image
    OK.Tulsa

• Godot, nice SN 1 Tulsa note....I'd love to have it!!
  • Jess-That Stillwater note is gorgeous...looks Unc, is it? Great name, high grade, nice layout, rarity, and cool real photo card!!
    Yes, the Stillwater is gem or virtually so. I don't know why chineese is in the bank window.
    Nobody Pays More! image

• << <i>image
    image >>

Are you kidding me?????????????? 000001 ! Three times!!!!!!! You all are unreal..

• DepressionscripGuyDepressionscripGuy Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Unreal Jason. You have one heck of a collection and can certainly give zippy and godot a run for their money. So do you have any insignificant little 1930's depression scrip from Oklahoma? I'm afraid of the answer.... image
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade

• Depressionscripguy- Thanks for the compliment. Really, nobody gives 08822 and Godot a "run for their money"! I suppose OK is the only state where I could come close though. Sorry, I don't have any depression scrip - I collect nationals, checks, postcards, photos, and obsoletes which keep me busy (and broke) enough. Thanks.

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    The post cards add a nice touch to each note. It gives you an idea by its size as to how prosperous the town was duiring that time period. Oknationals, a modern post card of Mounds would be a nice comparison piece if you still have it. That brings us to the little known town of Broken Arrow, whose residents include John Travolta, Christian Slater, and Howie Long. I think this town deserves some royalties, don't you? I don't think their portrayal of Broken Arrow was accurate at all, I talked to residents there and none of them were aware of any nuclear holocaust threat. I mean, imagine what that did to property values there. I suppose the chamber of commerce had quite a difficult time attracting tourism I can tell you that!

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

Nobody Pays More! image
  • It does seem to belong in this post also...

IT.Muldrow

• Ahhhhh....that Muldrow is sweet. Bold color, big margins, amazing name, IT rarity, serial number one, big sigs......so what other attributes should a trophy NBN possess?
  • Nice Lahoma note. That's a great town name and quite early for this area. The post office was established Jan 1894. There are a few Lahoma notes around, but they all seem to be low grade. I'm sure this is the finest one.
    Godot, if you own an Electra Texas, we have a pair for your set thread.
    Nobody Pays More! image
    OK.Lahoma

• Godot, please post the OKC $100 RS on this thread. I've bought damn near every Okie note I've seen since 1997 and NEVER had the chance to acquire a $100 Red Seal. Rare as rare gets!!!
  • By invitation... image

OT.Guthrie

• I meant Guthrie, obviously.....the ORIGINAL capitol of Oklahoma Territory. Did you know it was stolen away (literally, at night) by Oklahoma City?

WHAT A WONDER TROPHY NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kingfisher, OK. Formerly Lisbon. Post office changed name to Kingfisher on July 18, 1889. Was originally an adjoining townsite to Lisbon. Took its name from nearby Kingfisher Creek, which, in turn had been named for King Fisher, operator of an early day stage station in the area.

• Mill Creek National Bank. Opened 1922, closed 1924. I've been to Mill Creek....there is NOTHING there!

OK.Muldrow

• Very cool post!

• The Merchants NB building is standing fully intact in Coalgate to this day - and it's absolutely phenomenal. The most unusual part is that it's far from downtown Main Street. The town was indeed named as a "gateway to Coal" due to many nearby coal mines. Lehigh is essentially the same town and no longer exists. This is one of two known notes on the bank...the other in very low grade. I bought this note on Ebay in 1999 for next to nothing. It turned up with some notes in Wyoming of all places. The Merchants NB Lehigh remains unreported. As for Coalgate, there is a single territorial reported on two banks and one state note. I've never seen or heard of one. Either Dale has them locked away or Carson owns them.

• Here's a fun one for the statistical enthusiasts.....reported as $20 large outstanding at close. The odds of another one turning up are...somewhat slim! :-)

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    OkNationals, the $20 outstanding on FNB Carnegie, do we know if it is another $10 or 2 $5's, obviously whatever combination it is it is likely that the other note(s) are long gone. Also could you expand the story how OKC stole the rights to become the capital city during the night. Godot13, that $100 Red Seal Guthrie as well as the Muldrow #1 are both just outstanding notes. Zip has some truly Great notes and your posts are of the same High Caliber.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.