Home Sports Talk

Marlins > Cubs = Royals

There, I had to say it. On the verge of being swept by the AAA Marlins.

God, I need a drink. I think a bottle of Jägermeister will do the trick. Put me out of my misery.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Just goes to show you how important Derreck Lee is. They have been really sputtering since losing him 9-5 with him, 9-22 without.

Ouch.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • and two of the three losses were total blowouts
  • Before the Cubs came to town, the Marlins were 3-14 at home!!!!

What does this prove?

Well, if your team isn't peaking yet, it is because they haven't played the Cubs yet. Look what it did for St. Louis and San Diego.

WE ARE OWNED!!!!!!

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • The Cubs would have been no better than a third or fourth place team WITH Derrek Lee.

Its interesting to see Nomar hitting .375, John Koronka at 4-2 with the Rangers (the guy they discarded in favor of Rich Hill and who they received a .100 hitter for) and their other mistakes doing well.

Ive never been a big Dusty fan, but this catastrophe is more the workings of the uppers. They have finally begun to spend money, but its been wasted on Prior, Wood and other terrible disappointments.

I dont remember it being this bad since the days of Carmen Fanzone, Larry Biittner, and Gene Hiser.

• ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Yay Marlins!

My AAA team is putting a little offense together...maybe we can rebuild to a third championship!? Well, if we stay put in South Florida that is. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Does anyone else think it's a little funny when Cubs fans get upset because their team is playing poorly?
  • WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    When is Aramis Ramirez going to get activated? He may have been playing this year, but he is barely hitting his weight.
  • Dumpster does it again and the Braves steal a game image