Home Stamps Forum

You know the Stamp "market" is going to pick up when this starts happening.

David Lawrence Rare Coins just openned up shop for stamps. I believe they also have a working agreement with Shreves of some sort. Good to see!

DLRC Stamps

Jerry

Comments

• dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    They have some nice stuff. Thanks for posting the link. Seems graded stamps are catching on, just as it did in coins and currency. Steve Crippe's website is totally dedicated to graded stamps too and I suppose there are others.

• XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    What the heck does a stamp slab look like? Does anyone have a picture?
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Here's a photo of PSE's certs and slabs:
    cert and encapsulated stamp
    They are about half the thickness of a coin slab and about the same height and width. Inside there are four "ridges" at each side to keep the stamp from sliding all over. If you dropped it or tapped it hard enough, it seems possible you could damage the perfs since the perfs hit those ridges.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Thanks. It seems weird to me to think of a stamp in a slab. Kind of like the old-timers feel about slabbed coins, I guess image
  • I buy coins as well as stamps and use David Lawrence Rare Coins. I too saw stamps on the site the other day and was real surprised. I think it's great for true rareties and those in pristine condition. I don't suspect they'll catch on to the same level as coins, but for some who need the confidence of third party grading I think it's a nice option. I don't see myself using it, but then I don't have any stamps that would warrant the cost.
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)