Home U.S. Coin Forum

Denver ANA........ Sound off if you're going !!!

Cam-Slam 2-6-04
3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
4 "YOU SUCKS"
Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
Seated Halves are my specialty !
Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
(1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image

Comments

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on it. I'd say it's about a 50/50 shot right now. If I can make it I'm really looking forward to the JRCS meeting and open house as well as the EAC meeting.
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    When is it? I am moving there at the end of June/beginning of July
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Made my flight and hotel reservations about a month ago. I'll be there!!
  • JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I will be there with bells on my toes. Please stop by my table and say hello.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • DarkmaneDarkmane Posts: 1,021
    I live in Colorado Springs, and will be working on my Masters this summer..... I should be there.
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    OH Hell yes I will be there!!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there....................
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Im only 60 miles away and this would be my first major show....HECK YES I am goin.

See all of you fine folks there in person. I am still trying to save to pick up some goodies though.
  • CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Denver - so I'll be there!!
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to. It's a bit of a hike from down here in North Cuba, but I have a sister who lives in Denver so I got a place to crash if I can just free up the time from work. Hope to make it. Really like Denver and would like to get down to ANA headquarters also. Never been there.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there! I'll be in the area from Monday to the following Sunday afternoon. I'll be in Denver starting on Wednesday.
    Who's going to host the parties? image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    I'll be there, though the specifics haven't been worked out with the boss yet...
    -George
    42/92
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope to be there. Just a short 10 hour drive.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

• << <i>Who's going to host the parties? >>

I heard you and dbldie55 were buying ! image

I still haven't recoved from walking around Alcatraz last year!
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there, probably for at least one week.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

<< <i>

<< <i>Who's going to host the parties? >>

I heard you and dbldie55 were buying ! image

I still haven't recoved from walking around Alcatraz last year! >>

Are you still sore that we tried to lock you into one of the cells?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • JadeRareCoinJadeRareCoin Posts: 2,768

We will be there.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!

• << <i>Are you still sore that we tried to lock you into one of the cells? >>

It actually would have been an upgrade from the roach motel we stayed at.
  • MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I will definitely be there, and looking forward to seeing JrGman, Cladiator, and many others there. I will be attending the JRCS annual meeting, the LSCC annual meeting, and hosting the JRCS open house, as well.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will be there with bells on my toes. Please stop by my table and say hello. >>

I'm going as well, but I'm leaving the bells at home.
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Did my hotel reservations quite a while ago and did the mock road trip on Google Earth. So I guess I'll be there. Probably will hit the ANA party in Colorado Springs on the return too.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there. I owe another forum member a meal if I recall correctly -- and I'm sure he hasn't forgotten. I'll attend the JRCS meetings (formal and otherwise) and may very well attend the LSCC meeting again. I attended the LSCC meeting at FUN, even though I am not a seated coinage collector, and found it interesting and informative!

I'm sure that "50/50" Cladiator will gladly accept donations (paypal only please) to fund his Denver ANA trip. I believe he hopes to be the recipient of the first-ever Collectors Universe Message Boards Denver ANA Scholarship. I'll start him off with the first donation of 29 cents...
  • MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    By golly, I'll match that 29 cents just for the opportunity to finally meet Cladiator in person. If I can travel to Denver from Maine, I think he can make it from California. And Barndog, although my memory often fails me, it never forgets an offer to buy dinner. See you there.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Barring complications I should be there all week.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.

<< <i>And Barndog, although my memory often fails me, it never forgets an offer to buy dinner. See you there >>

I'm thinking one of the finer establishments in the City of the Plains:
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Probably will hit the ANA party in Colorado Springs on the return too. >>

When the show was in Denver in 1996, I drove down to Co. Springs before sunrise to do some picture taking in Garden of the Gods park. Great time to be there. I left the park before noon as it started getting toasty and spent some time at the ANA museum.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Garden of the Gods is pretty cool, although the kissing camels fell down.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
    Anybody going up Pikes Peak? I'm thinking of going up on that Tuesday.
  • ReeceReece Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    I will be there also.!!
    RWK
  • capecape Posts: 1,621
    IM THERE.
    ed rodrigues

<< <i>Anybody going up Pikes Peak? I'm thinking of going up on that Tuesday. >>

I might do that after the show, maybe Sunday AM before the ANA shindig. Before the Denver show, I was thinking of hitting Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    The wife, kids, and I will be there.
  • I'll be there and at the pre-show too. And I know all the good restaurants!! (Just don't expect good BBQ; terrible town for that!)
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    I might just do this show. I've got a free plane ticket that I need to use.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

<< <i>The wife, kids, and I will be there. >>

Will we recognize you by the Burger King mask?
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there behind table 551. I'm hoping to have some interesting newly-minted items there.
    I'm also putting together an exhibit on "The Digital Minting Process".

This will be the first major coin show that I've ever had a table at, so it should be interesting !

I also have a table at the pre-ANA show the week before at the National Western stock show complex.
    There is also yet another pre-ANA show that same time at a Marriott hotel in south Denver.
    But I probably won't be going to that one.
  • Didn't know about the National Western pre-show but the one at the Marriott is the one that usually attracts the bigger dealers (had it there in 1996as well).
  • PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'll be there for almost 2 weeks. And afterwards, I may head to my mom's house in Colorado Springs for some homecooking.

You can find me at the ANR auction or table, in the exhibit area doing my judging, or running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'll be the young guy in the suit.
    Barndog and Mr.HalfDime,

I'm happy to report that my 50/50 has now turned into a 99/1 in favor of me attending. In no fmall part, I might add, to your generous fcholarfhip offers. When I collect my handfome fees of 58¢ I will gladly accept payment in the forum of 15.5mm, 89% silver 5¢ pieces image

<< <i>Barndog and Mr.HalfDime, >>

<< <i>I'm happy to report that my 50/50 has now turned into a 99/1 in favor of me attending. In no fmall part, I might add, to your generous fcholarfhip offers. When I collect my handfome fees of 58¢ I will gladly accept payment in the forum of 15.5mm, 89% silver 5¢ pieces >>

Glad you are going. Unfortunately, the payment of 29 cents will have to come through paypal. After fees, I think that means you will owe paypal 20% of a half dime...image
  • capecape Posts: 1,621
    im there probably for the week.
    ed rodrigues
  • slumlord98slumlord98 Posts: 1,180
    Barndog and Cladiator,

Be sure to ask MrHalfDime how he became MrHappyMeal at a previous ANA. If he can't remember, I can!

<< <i>Be sure to ask MrHalfDime how he became MrHappyMeal at a previous ANA. If he can't remember, I can! >>

This sounds pretty good. Rest assured, he will get the opportunity to answer that question!
  • I'll be there all week at table#1034. Stop by and say hello. Dave Weygant. David J Weygant Rare Coins.
    dalias13@hotmail.com

<< <i>

<< <i>Be sure to ask MrHalfDime how he became MrHappyMeal at a previous ANA. If he can't remember, I can! >>

This sounds pretty good. Rest assured, he will get the opportunity to answer that question! >>

At least twice! image
  • kieferscoinskieferscoins Posts: 10,017
    I'll be thereimage

Cameron Kiefer
    Ok it's gone from 50/50 to 99/1 to 100/0. Hotel room reserved and airline tickets purchased as of tonight image
    Which hotel is the party hotel?
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that I managed to work things out - I'll be there!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Larry and I will be there.......table #543
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file