Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Want to see a couple of Cool cards. "10's".

they are NOT for sale...just thought some of you might enjoy seeing them. Just got them back today.

Comments

• HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    B-U-T-Ful!! I've got a '61T Twins team set, but none of the cards scream like these!

Thanks for sharing.

hh
  • Loes is a gift with centering that bad and with a tilt card should reside in a psa 8 holder.
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Sweet cards !

How did your father keep them stored all those years ?
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Why did they lable the flip as "zorro" instead of Zoilo?
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Why did they lable the flip as "zorro" instead of Zoilo? >>

It says Zorro on the card.
  • doesn't look like a tilt...just tilted in the holder. nice 10's!
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    On the Billy Loes card, is that a little paper loss on the front, inbetween the two boxes? It can't be, on a PSA 10!
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    very nice cards! i'd say they dont come any nicer than the Zorro card..
    ·p_A·
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On the Billy Loes card, is that a little paper loss on the front, inbetween the two boxes? It can't be, on a PSA 10! >>

Yeah it does look like a bubble with paper loss dont it...weird....
    nah it's not paper loss, if you look close you can see a shadow underneath it.. it's something sitting on outside of the slab.. hopefully it's not IN the slab, but i dont think it is..
    ·p_A·
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Loes is a gift with centering that bad and with a tilt card should reside in a psa 8 holder. >>

While it may not present itself as the ultimate 10, calling it an 8 is even more nutso. There are plenty of 10's out there with similar centering, and the tilt you speak of is minimal. It's a solid 9 in my book and a 10 if the grader had a date with a hot blond.
  • Thank you for sharing....really great cards....both of them.
    Dave C.
  • Awesome!

57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Great cards. Nice find.

What I can't stand are the dorks like Slabbed or ctsoxfan who have to justify their lack of happiness for someone else by ripping down the 10. I'm sure all of the 10's these two guys have are all worthy of the 10, NOT. Wake up guys and give the goose his well deserved congrats.

Way to go GOOSE

<< <i>Great cards. Nice find.

What I can't stand are the dorks like Slabbed or ctsoxfan who have to justify their lack of happiness for someone else by ripping down the 10. I'm sure all of the 10's these two guys have are all worthy of the 10, NOT. Wake up guys and give the goose his well deserved congrats.

Way to go GOOSE >>

whoa now, ctsoxfan is a good dude.. he was just asking about the paper on front of the slab..
    ·p_A·
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    great cards. since some comments have been made about the Loes card, if their was a "fisheye" on the card would it still merit a 10??? Same question about the Zoilo card...what if there was a fisheye on it....I'm not trying to bring down the cards, just curious how an error like this would have affected either of these cards. thanks for everyone's opinion...

Way to go GOOSE >>

Whoa - you are reading my quote all wrong. I just asked about what looks like a bubble, or something close to it, on the Loes card. I am sure it can't be such, but it looks like it in the scan, and was curious about it. I am extremely happy that a good guy like goose3 got a pair of 10's from 1961, or for anyone else for that matter that has sharp cards like this available to grade.

Thanks, Perry.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    10-4, sorry I jumped all over you. It is just funny how some people get jealous of someone else's good fortune.

I used to do some lottery with a co-worker some years ago. He left the company but I kept investing my $3.00 each week after he left. I hit a $5,000 winner about three months after he left. Instead of congratulating me, he asked for his half because we invested in the past???

Some people just can't be happy for others.

Again, accept my apology for jumping on you before I went to church
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    there is NO paper missing from the card(s). That is/was some fuzz on the holder.

I appreciate all comments good and bad and it's always interesting to see that in the world of cardboard, much like coins, there are always varying opinions of grade based on scans/pictures. I certainly don't know enough about cards other than to throw out a ballpark guess on them on a picture even though I think I have a good handle on what makes one an "8" in hand.

There is no substitute for holding a coin or a card "in hand"......at least not at this time that I know of.
  • tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Congratulations! The cards look great to me. I would be happy to have them in my collection.
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Awesome, just awesome.

Both you and your Dad must be very happy that he stored these cards well and treated them carefully.

A great story.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    goose,
    how were these cards stored? amazing grades. great job.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I will check with him to be sure but I believe they were in the attic for quite a few years in some sort of box. For the past 20 or so they've been in regular card boxes.
    FavreFan - no worries, and I know exactly what you mean about some people. I couldn't imagine being like that.

Congrats again, Goose3!
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Goose,Those cards are so nice its almost disgusting,but gee whiz would I ever like those sitting in my collection!!!!!!!!!

Great Job My Friend!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Goose, I just wish they were in my 61 set!!!!! image Great job.

Stan/bosko56
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

Way to go GOOSE >>

I'm convinced it's a genetic predisposition. Pay attention to subsequent 'here's a vintage PSA 10' threads, or better yet go through the archives and look these threads up. Almost without exception one of the first three responses to the original thread will be somebody criticising the centering; this despite the fact that the centering is invariably 60/40 or better, which is what a PSA 10 demands.
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Goose,

You lucky bastige image

Nice cards.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • John, Those are beauties! SAWEEEET!!!!
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>I will check with him to be sure but I believe they were in the attic for quite a few years in some sort of box. For the past 20 or so they've been in regular card boxes. >>

Goose -

Got the 8s today.

I'll keep my eye out for more of your listings.

Keith