Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I registered my set through Heritage.....

I have a modest PCGS cert wheat collection......about 100 different coins total. I had been thinking of registering my set with PCGS....
I first went to the Heritage site and listed all my coins in the 'my collection' area. I did this to keep track of them. I also put in all the cert numbers as required. After I was done I saw the logo that said if I wanted to have the set registered with PCGS....'click here'. So I did that. I clicked and I was taken to the PCGS site. I filled out the required fields and a few minutes later my set popped up......#57 on the Licoln Cent basic set.....circulation strikes....1909-1958.....Magnificents! was the name I chose.
However, along with my listing my e-mail address appeared as 'Shop@Heritage.com' or something silly like that. I tried everything to make that address disappear and nothing worked. I called PCGS and they said to call Heritage. I called Heritage and though they saw the problem, they said that they couldn't change it. I called back PCGS and after a short, friendly conversation, they said that when a customer uses a 'third party' like Heritage to register their set, some glitches like the Heritage e-mail address appearing next to my listing sometimes occur. PCGS said the only way to fix the problem was to 'de-list' my set from their site and to 're-list' it directly through PCGS.
However, though I will get around to it soon, maybe today, they said that it would be necessary to re-enter all the cert numbers for all 100 or so coins.
That my friends, is a pain in the butt. I've copied my info from the Heritage site but I haven't relisted my set yet. I'm still hoping for an easier way to re-enter all the cert numbers......
Any suggestions?
Thank you.....but one more thing. I bagged a PCGS 24-D in 64 RED at the Nashua show Sunday. It's only fair for the grade but the dealer took some other pieces in a swap and some cash. So when I re-list I'll be #54!!!!!!
And the climb continues....

Comments

• Options
    that is a serious pain in the butt...hopefully they can fix it for you in a simpler fashion. image
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    Yo bikenut, I thought you threw in the towel on your set, now you buy a 24-D? That is simply not allowed! Please send me all your coins and I will post your set for you.....(Good luck on your set), SoCalBigMark
  • Options
    Yo Mark.......Nice to hear from you. No, the towel is not thrown in. I've sold some doubles.....I've sold some 'non-PCGS' coins......and I've bought other things as trade bait....but I continue to try and improve my set one penny at a time.
    I'm chasing you now. I just got back from a long vacation in New Zealand and after I right myself financially again I'll be buying some more pennies....
    Look out.....here I come!
    Take care...
    Denis
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice sounding 24-D, anyone here would gladly take it iff your hands if you find yourself not liking it!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Friend..... I think I'll keep it for now. Though they come up for auction on occasion at a major auction house, I had never seen one at any of my local shows. From what I see around here in the northeast, cert wheats, and especially PCGS wheats, aren't in great demand. I thought the deal I made was a fair one for both of us.
    The dealer wanted $1,200 for the 24D in PCGS 64 RED. I asked him if he was interested in a trade....he said sure. I pulled out two inexpensive cert $10 gold pieces that I bought through Teletrade a few months back. My total investment was $700 for them. I also pulled out a 1877 PCGS VG 08 Indian head that I bought a year ago for $700. My total investment therefore was $1,400. He said he'd trade his coin for my three and he'd throw in $150. I asked for $250 and his coin.....he countered with $200.....I held firm at $250 (only because my girlfriend was standing right there and I wanted to look tough!)...and he accepted the final offer. So I got the 24D for a net of $1,150.
    It isn't a great one but I'll never own a "5".....and I was able to deal which made it painless....
    Denis