Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

5 year anniversary, what ever happened to?

Hendrix Kat - did he ever get his teeth fixed at our expence?

Cobb - what California institution is he currently incarcerated in?

Tangible Assets Galleries - what ever became of their lawsuit against us? image

Feel free to add your trivial "what ever happened to" posts over the past 5 years to this thread.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Askari
    Keithdagen

I'm sure other MIA membernames will occur to me later.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I remember HendrixKat seeking donations of buckets and rubber gloves and stuff since he said he was gonna go help out at Ground Zero.

I remember a little of the CoinCob, not much.

TAGZ lawsuit? Don't remember that, but I vaguely remember being rudely snubbed at their table at the first FUN show I attended.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Ahh, who can forget the PMM quarter, eh?

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who was the guy selling the 1804 dollar that he got from a construction site?
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    CoinCob was a trip, the first forum badboy.

HendrixKat was the first in a long line of forum scavengers. A bottom feeder.

TAGZ would best be explained by TDN, that was one of the most interesting posts I've read here.
  • Options
    Who was the guy selling the 1804 dollar that he got from a construction site?

Scotteo, now that was an original forum classic image
  • Options
    That PMM quarter guy made it over to sleepy hollow where he got another (several?) chances. He did have a real fascination with die cracks as well as certain bodily functions. image

Askari
    Keithdagen

I remember Keith from a fun competition we were having building a PCGS Type set. It was the 1900's type set and he was going pure MS. He was a good guy.

I thought Askari was a darkside guy? I didn't venture over there much and didn't know he was no longer posting. He seemed like a good guy.

How about Doops? It was hard for me to take him seriously.

Fortunately many tolls are gone. Some of them did cause quite a fuss. I try to ignore that stuff, but sometimes it is hard to avoid it all.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought Askari was a darkside guy? I didn't venture over there much and didn't know he was no longer posting. He seemed like a good guy. >>

Not just a Darkside guy, but THE Darkside guy. The onetime king of the Darksiders. Gone but not forgotten. Or in lurk mode. As far as I know, he still breathes, but has been a phantom for a year or so. Maybe he will return. Hail the Once and Future King.

(Actually, his title is "The Darkside Sorceror", if I recall correctly.)

Askari was a very big fish in a then-small pond. I can remember the heady days when even yours truly was thought to be nobility on the Darkside. Now the pond is bigger and I'm a smaller fish. The Darkside has grown considerably over the years.

Oh, here's another one for you: TJennings, aka "TJ", to those of us who haunted the Open Forum. He was the mascot and whipping boy of the Open Forum long before Cammie was. He was also the founder of the Metal Detecting Forum, which was a barren, desolate place, devoid of all but tumbleweeds, for a long time. It's still small but has grown considerably, mostly from some of my own cheerleading and recruitment. I still get to be a big fish somewhere. image

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I remember CoinCob. How about NumisEd or even Dorkkarl (he stopped at 9999). I still wonder when aswimmer is coming back to take us up on the AT offer.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Danegeld? He always posted some pretty cool raw classic coins. I liked him.
  • Options
    And there was littlewicher selling his sig space.
  • Options
    Also remember JohnZ and the fiasco.
  • Options
    what ever happened to ILikeDimes?...........oh, he changed his e-mail addy to a fake and had to sign up again as ILikeMercs...............image
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options

<< <i>Whatever happened to Danegeld? He always posted some pretty cool raw classic coins. I liked him. >>

Danegeld was a good guy, but like a comet. Came in fast, shone brightly, and vanished.

I remember both things nwcs just mentioned.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I wonder about is lovedbygod7 and I am certain that longtime members will recall that fiasco.

As for Danegeld, I don't know that I would classify him ever as "shone brightly" but think the term "flamed quickly" is much more appropriate.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COincob was the first banned member I think. He was "coin cobbler" on the old boards. Truthteller was an intersting dude. Askari as I recalled said he was leaving for good and did just that. Were has DOG97 been lately?

TBig
  • Options

<< <i>As for Danegeld, I don't know that I would classify him ever as "shone brightly" but think the term "flamed quickly" is much more appropriate >>

Well, yeah, perhaps I overpraised him but he was a nice guy, anyway.

I noticed Dog97 has been absent a while. I've seen several folks crop up with the bulldog icon, though.

• Options
    TomB - lovedbygod7 was another forum scavenger I had forgotten about. I think he found his final calling on Ebay image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PMM guy seemed to go by about half a dozen names, some of which lasted only the briefest amounts of time.
  • Options
    littlewicher was a trip. Talk about alt's... I believe he really liked coins. But who could trust someone who totally misrepresented himself?

Dog97 was neat. I think his spot on the Alabama coast was destroyed by storms (before this year's batch).

Some people lose the passion to collect after a while...
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Doops, I heard that he passed away a few months ago.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    I remember this one guy when I first started posting here who posted a lot and had the rooster as his icon. Whatever happened to him?
  • Options
    The rooster was K6AZ. How could we forget to mention K6AZ?

The PMM guy was Pat McNulty in real life, presumably. Forget all his forum names, now. I think 'LUCKOFTHEIRISH" was one.

He was a loon, but not a bad fella for a nutcase. I grew to like him a bit, actually. image

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    What about the dude that disappeared after 9999 posts? Kind of like Elvis, if you ask me...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    what happened to that sliderider dude?
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Triplexotica, the tropical fish guy/WTC coin guy/palladium guy who took pix of himself and his viper(?) on the LV strip, and his spoiled brat kid, though I really don't want to hear "whatever happened..."
  • Options
    And who could forget GoldCoinLover?
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen ursabear around in a long time. One of the nicest guys here.
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Other regular posters who have seemed to vanish were MT busrunner? or something like that and another guy from Hawaii who was very into Merc dimes whose name escapes me at the moment.
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    Seriously: Wht ever happened to Dorkkarl and K6AZ????
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    K6AZ: banned

How about Shinycoinboy? Who can forget the image he created of him riding a donkey throwing shiny coins to the adoring children.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>Hendrix Kat - did he ever get his teeth fixed at our expence? >>

paul usually I enjoy your posts, but I did not need to be reminded of this clown. That whole teeth trip not only me cost 100.00, but got me tons of free flack from the forum police, who just this one time I shouldve listened to. Shaun made me so jaded, I will never get involved in helping anyone in that manner again.

heres one of his last pm's to me:

Hendrixkat
    Date Posted: Sep/20/2001 1:32 AM
    BILL - I really am hurt by al the negative responses of the members. I swear on my MOTHER'S GRAVE that I did not pull any scam or lie or deceive anyone in this great forum. I commend YOU for your idea of starting a collection - which I had no inadvertent intention of creating. I did so much for this board and now everyone hates me. I truly did not mean to offend anyone or pull a guilt trip. I composed the member information list of 125 members and had my chat room for the members and ran the Coin Swap 2 with 45 members of this board and organized a TRIBUTE to all the VETERANS of the forum with coins being sent to them. I did all this on my own time and for the forum - not for me. Then I have the tooth problem and tell the board whom I thought were my friends - and I got destroyed from it. Many members offered to send me coins for the other things I have done - and I ALWAYS declined and never ever accepted a gift of coins from any members. I only accepted what YOU did for me, because the people who contributed were under no obligation and did so from the heart I presumed. I surmise I am the bad one for accepting or presuming generosity from the heart.

God Bless,
    Shawn

he only accepted what I did, because it was a quick check to the tune of almost 1K...still turns my stomachimage

oh and paul, was only joking about your postsimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    FoundingFather was an interesting read. Is he still here but only in the OF???
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    I remember a lot of the guys mentioned thus far.
    Especially Coincobbler... I butted heads with that guy a handful of times. He had issues with me because of my age at the time (16-17) and that I was always asking questions that i apparently shouldn't have been or something. Involved lots of nasty pm's from him.

I remember hendrixkat too and his chat room.

Hard to believe that was 5 years ago already.

Jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, but this is beginning to sound like a thankgiving dinner where everyone is trying to remember that old wierd relative that they haven't seen in a coonsage.

But it is sorta fun!
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    wheres spooley?

wheres macoin, my buddy from maine?

wheres that clown washingtonman whos obsene and vulgar pm's to me I kept posting on the boards, that was funimage

WashingtonMan
    Date Posted: Nov/28/2001 4:32 PM
    I`M NOT YOUR HOMEBOY B###H!!!!!!!I THOUGHT YOU F###HEADS SAID THIS BOARD WAS FOR BUYING,SELLING,TRADING????????WHY THE F##K YOU KEEP POSTING THIS SH#T BETWEEN YOU & ME???????I~LL GET YOUR ASS.........YOU STARTED IT AND I`LL FINISH IT YOU LITTLE P##K.........I`LL BE SEEING YOUR ASS BECAUSE I DO TRAVEL ALOT.......YOUR DAD MUST BE A SCARED LIITLE FA##OT TO HAVE RAISED A A##-WIPE LIKE YOU!!!!!!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    The PMM guy seemed to go by about half a dozen names, some of which lasted only the briefest amounts of time.

Wasn't he the rocket scientist that tried to name himself "KingCoin" but spelled it wrong? image

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, KingCoin was one of his names. Surely someone can remember a few of the others?
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bootleg
    Cleon
    Catfish172
    Poe58

Different category:

NumisEd
    Joshua
    JohnMaben
    SarasotaFrank
    Wondo
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    Coinspeculator, or Glavin image

image oh... Nevermind
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    Or what about markglicker?!?
    he's a good guy
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Coincobler came back under an alternate ID not that long ago (Barry something as I recall).

How could you guys forget CC2K?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    How about the PKOK story? Ran for years with the "truth" finally being told about the origin after much speculation.
    Richard Green was a phantom that read all the posts. He had the #1 of all time mint state Kennedy sts. First class all the way. Helped and educated many. Must have felt sorry for me and took me under his wing. Spoke with him daily for a couple years. Refused to come here after seeing all the bashing. Many times by the idiots that were banned, or, listed here so far.
    How about Blue Moon Coins? Or, the girl from there with her posts and E-bay photos/ads? Boy, she sure got a lot of attention!
    I dodn't recall LabLover being here in awhile either.
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    I couldn't help but notice lately...

that Lanlord is missing.

did someone finally run over that double-hip-replaced, sorry ass of his? ...wish I could get my second hip done, it's killing me. image

would be sorry to hear if somebody po'd the pedaler.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walmann became one of my best friends offline after meeting here online. For that, I'm thankful to PCGS.
  • Options

I brought this up mainly because I see "Kat" is up to his old games again on the BST boards.

I am still looking for a more in depth thread on him so those newer members will have an idea of who they are dealing with.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Shylock?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLBuffaloHunter?
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever happened to twodogs?

seems to me he rode around in the desert in an old van, fixing airconditioners.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file