Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Image uploading problems

All of a sudden I can't upload images anymore...I changed computers and my imaging software-could that have anything to do with it?

Is there a limit on how much we can keep in our image files here?
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I believe each uploaded pic cannot exceed 50K. Don't know if there is a limit as to how many or how much total can be uploaded. Try deleting an old one and upload a new one and see if it lets you then.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • If you are uploading them to your PCGS storage area you are limited to 5 Megs total storage. That's why I use a private storage area. It wasn't free but I think I have something like 100Megs of storage for $10 a year.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    I currently have 10.08MB on these servers, but 50k is the limit size, so I too have a separate site which allows for up to 500k per image, 150MB total disk space, and 8500MB of bandwidth per month.
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the answer condor/mac- I am currently at 14.88 MB-probably why I can't upload anymore? (I know, I know, delete some images).

I'll have to find a spot for the images...with omnicoin (an excellent site-you guys should check it out; hey, many of you participate) you have a 6 month maximum before you have to make a decision about what you'll keep.

What does a unique website cost with plenty of image room?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    The problem seems to be with the imaging software- I always used paint shop pro and this site would take the images no problem.

Since I switched to photoshop elements nothing will upload to this site-others no problem. Why would the software change cause a problem?

<< <i>The problem seems to be with the imaging software- I always used paint shop pro and this site would take the images no problem.

Since I switched to photoshop elements nothing will upload to this site-others no problem. Why would the software change cause a problem? >>

Very curious indeed. I've also used Photoshop Elements to crop/size images specifically for this Forum and I have never had a problem with the images uploading........EXCEPT, if the image name is already in the image server's database, it will not upload that image unless you give it a unique filename.

Is the image extension, *.jpg, *.bmp, or *.gif? These should all work. I'm not sure about any other image types, though.
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Your ISP should be providing you with web space as part of the service. I would check that first...

I own 15 web sites that I run on my own server, and have been with several hosts since 1998. The hosting industry is a minefield for the newbie. You get what you pay for, and stay away from free hosts. In your case though, since you're looking strictly for image hosting and not to put up a web site of your own, support is a bit less critical, although you never know when you may want to start a web site.

Registering a domain name (www.laurentyvan.com or whatever) will cost you roughly $9-10 per year if you want your own domain name.

http://www.realwebhost.net is the host I left last year when I outgrew their services. They have excellent tech support and their servers never have outages. 500MB of diskspace and 15GB of bandwidth (more than enough for what you want to do) costs $8.95 per month.

Other hosts will have cheaper packages with lower specs.
  • earlyAurumearlyAurum Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably less than 20 know.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Of that classic head $2.50?

Man, wrong forum, but you've rescucitated a thread of zombie members, guys look who's posting besides Laurent! B)

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blast from the past all right. Pretty sure in 2006 I still hadn't posted more than a dozen photos. If that. And, look at the file sizes/storage limits, whew. A bit more than a decade and so much change. Nice coin too, saw it on the post on the liteside, sure is pretty! Almost makes one want to collect US.

B)

I'll go back to sleep now.