Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

i just registered my fs 5c set(s)

pretty much from a single submission, i listed all my pcgs nickels in the registries 38-64, and 65-present, basic sets. the sets started at # 24 and 20 respectively. i'm sitting on a pile of anacs graded fs coins from 1998 and 1999 that need to be crossover'd. i'm sure many will, but we'll see during the coming year. lots of nice toned pieces came back slabbed with no bodybags for at, i'll see about adding some pics as time permits, also lots of PAK and RTC pedigreed pieces from the late 70's thru the 90's, i'll be adding the pedigrees to the descriptions.

edit - sorry, can't figure out the link, i just went on cable and don
t know my way around yet. the sets are "larrynj's fs 5c's", and "larrynj's fs 5c's II".

i found a few late dates to add, and bumped myself up to #20 on the 65-to-present set.

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Can you give us a link?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Wow! Nice start. I'm very impressed with the P's from 76-80 you have!
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Nice coins. Just wondering if you're looking for the missing ones or want to sell or trade any of the coins listed... If the answer is yes, please contact me.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    and me too! (if you want to sell any).
  • Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    thanks guys, and thanks for the link, lr. i'm always interested in some trading, and i'll send you all a message once i get a small listing prepared for some extras i have. i need to send in some crossover candidates from anacs, graded in '98/99 to fill out most of the missing coins in the set. after i get some results, i'll know better what i'm looking for. please feel free to let me know what you might have.

does anyone have a 60-d in maybe 64 fs for sale? image
  • Options
    mademanmademan Posts: 431 ✭✭
    Welcome and image on such a nice collection- Don/mademan
  • Options
    for anyone that is interested, i just added all the ex- pak and rtc auction info to the coins in my sets.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat, I was buying some coins from RTC back in the early 1990s as well. I wish now I'd pursued it as hard as you did. Excellent set, I can't wait to see how the other ANACS coins cross....

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>for anyone that is interested, i just added all the ex- pak and rtc auction info to the coins in my sets. >>

RTC-Ramapaugh Trading Co.

Some of those auctions date back before I started! Whatever happen to those guys anyway? I never did take the chance to ask Daryl Crane. They had a tough time grading at a middle ground back then as well.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    i talked to rich sisti of rtc a week or so back. they're no longer in the business, but when i told rich how prices have risen, he was pleasantly surprised. they were incredibly harsh grading their auction coins, as was adolf weiss of pak. i was a buyer at their sales, and was often outbid by multiples of my bid. i tried selling thru them a few times, and had to pull the coins from their sales, since i wasn't willing to sell at their prices. they understood completely. now, their 63's often come back as 65 or even 66 from pcgs.trouble is, a nick in the steps was acceptable back then, but pcgs won't give the same coins the fs designation. i guess those pieces will go to segs before selling. their "5545" type of grading is a good thing.

i did enjoy going thru the old pak monthly newsletter from 1977-1985, and rtc's catalogues from 1985 forward. lots of great info, and some incredible fs nickels sold.