Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Flying Eagle Guess the Grade - GRADE REVEALED

GRADE REVEALED MS 63

I think my scuffed pcgs holder may have made it a bit difficult, but, I see most of you guessed it right on the money.

Comments

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    66 image IMHO Could you get a bigger pic? image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    seriously - you wanted a bigger pic, or were you kidding the other way as in, the pic is too big. I just bought a new lens for my digital camera, the original fileis over 1mb I compressed it to about 150k. I'm trying to learn how to take good coin pics - starting about 1 hour ago.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    your photos are excellant

if there is no rub sight seen then choice unc.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>seriously - you wanted a bigger pic, or were you kidding the other way as in, the pic is too big. I just bought a new lens for my digital camera, the original fileis over 1mb I compressed it to about 150k. I'm trying to learn how to take good coin pics - starting about 1 hour ago. >>

Just kidding bout the pic. image For starting about one hour ago I give it an A+!! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    The photos are nice! The holder could use some polishing though...

I guess 63.
  • Options
    My guess MS64
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with jumbo sized pics is every little nick and tick looks huge. As for the flyer I'll go 64 and the pics are great, which camera?

Chris
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Camea Canon D60 with a 105mm Sigma Macro Lens under GE Reveal light bulb. Original File Size multi MB- croppped to tighten the image. No enhancements or color mods, raised the shadows just a stitch to pop the detail of the date and wings and compensate for the bounced flash.

The holder is a bit scratched some of the marks are due to the holder.

Stay tuned another pic and a nother guess the grade coming out in a few minutes.
  • Options
    Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    PCGS probably went MS on that, MS62.

I say AU58.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    MS 64
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS63.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    MS-64
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63image
    Larry

• Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    MS64?
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say MS64 all day long. The little spots are not distracting to me, but think the small scratch on the reverse could have held it to 63. Personally, I LOVE IT image'tis one of my favorites of all coins.
    They are beautiful to me.( of course the 1856 is what compelled my desire to own the short set image)

Joe
  • Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    I'll say possible 61.

-Daniel
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS Au-58. Looks like a 59.5 that could have 61'd
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with AU58, nice coin with just the barest rub on the highpoints and noise in the fields

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file