Home U.S. Coin Forum

*results posted*I'm sending this ike to PCGS will whey grade it? (poll) **Update**

Edit: I know I alredy posted this ike on another AT/NT thred but now I'm sending it to PCGS .

imageimage

Comments

• fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I am wrong. I think it will get bb'ed.
  • Just out of curiosity...where did this coin come from? Did you cut it out of a mint set? A lot of these Bicentennial sets I've seen have a bit of a gold color to them. Are the pics accurate? It looks like the white balance is slightly off. The reverse looks a little funky, too. The obverse looks at least within the realm of possibility for NT. I'll guess BB.

• << <i>Just out of curiosity...where did this coin come from? Did you cut it out of a mint set? A lot of these Bicentennial sets I've seen have a bit of a gold color to them. Are the pics accurate? It looks like the white balance is slightly off. The reverse looks a little funky, too. The obverse looks at least within the realm of possibility for NT. I'll guess BB. >>

I agree the obverse looks ok but the reverse does not seam right.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They graded this one.
    Larry

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reverse looks bad to me
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

<< <i>The reverse looks bad to me >>

I was with ya' till I saw the reverse pic. AT/BB.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    The rev changed my mind also.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

• << <i>Just out of curiosity...where did this coin come from? Did you cut it out of a mint set? A lot of these Bicentennial sets I've seen have a bit of a gold color to them. Are the pics accurate? It looks like the white balance is slightly off. The reverse looks a little funky, too. The obverse looks at least within the realm of possibility for NT. I'll guess BB. >>

It was stored in a framed 20 century type set pictured below. I bought it from the dealer in the album along with many other coins that toned also, including a merc. dime a Morgan dollar and a war nickel. The other coins toning is nice and the war nickel is very vivid with bands of red green etc. on the reverse. The pictures are mostly accurate especially the two close-ups. Below I attached a picture of what they were stored in, it is a thin cardboard in case anyone can't tell from the bad pictures I took of it.

imageimage
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the reverse looks AT.
  • prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I think it will grade.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it'll grade..... but then ...what the heck do I know?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

• << <i> It looks like the white balance is slightly off. The reverse looks a little funky, too. The obverse looks at least within the realm of possibility for NT. I'll guess BB. >>

Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these framed 20th type set collections that I've seen had polished coins in them. Usually they left the modern coins alone, which would be good for you. BUT even if it does grade, which I think it will, you might end up with something like MS-64, which is not really worth the grading an postage costs.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I think it will grade but I do not think the coin is worth the price to encapsulate.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • The ike graded MS63!

imageimage

• << <i>The ike graded MS63! >>

Congrats. Pretty coin!

• << <i>The ike graded MS63! >>

Nice coin!

• << <i>Congrats. Pretty coin! >>

<< <i>Nice coin! >>

Thanks image

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list