Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anybody tried to register the "Satin Finish" Coins?

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if they will be accepted in your set being labeled as "Satin Finish"?

Thanks, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of a day or two ago, they were not being accepted in the MS set when entered.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mitch!

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** New development ***: A collector appears to have recently entered some ST Quarters Satin MS69 in his registry set. He mentioned to me that he could have entered either variety (satin or regular) in the slot.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I entered in an MS69 Satin State quarter into my type set fine.

1950-Present Type set circ strikes
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is good news. By the ANA next month, I should be able to find all of them during the show to finish out the year.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    I was able to enter 7 of them so far..................? Works in the mint sets and the SHQ sets.....image
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As of a day or two ago, they were not being accepted in the MS set when entered.

Wondercoin >>

...my pleasure Walt ;-)

• Options
    In Kennedy Halves w/Varieties, the Richard Green Kennedy Collection, (#1 and just a FANTASTIC set) has an '05-P in Satin Finish that was recently added and IS in the set.
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Has anyone tried to enter a Satin Finish Lincoln in the Memorial Sets yet?

Speaking of satin finish coins, check out the photograph in this 2005-D Lincoln auction (69RD). Talk about a flawless coin!!!!

Someone's FLAWLESS Satin Finish Lincoln on eBay

*and for those of you that might get offended that I posted an auction link in the Registry forum....relax...I don't even know the seller!
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone tried to enter a Satin Finish Lincoln in the Memorial Sets yet? Speaking of satin finish coins, check out the photograph in this 2005-D Lincoln auction (69RD). Talk about a flawless coin!!!! imageSomeone's FLAWLESS Satin Finish Lincoln on eBay *and for those of you that might get offended that I posted an auction link in the Registry forum....relax...I don't even know the seller! >>

That is a VERY nice coin!

I see two rim dings @ 1o'clock on the obv. and 2 small nicks @ 5&7o'clock on the reverse. Those could be the holder, but it is a very nice coin that certainly appears 69 all the way.

Seth
  • Options
    I do not think it will now make a difference.I just opened four bags of Oregon state quarters and all were satin finish.
    Looks like Minnesota state quarters were the last to be offered with the regular strike finish.
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    I entered my satin finish lincolns and it worked just fine. And....I'll be replacing them with my 69RD's when I get them back from PCGS image