Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS "Satin Finish" 2005 coins (graded MS69)

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just saw a listing for a MS69 Minnesota quarter, and it claims to be denoted "satin finish". (no image).

How do you think this will work with the registry? (need 2 different like with the Jefferson's of '94 and '97)
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, these MS69's are starting to pop up now. I am also seeing MS69 nickels. It will be interesting to see how these are handled.

(more than 100 coins in the quarter sets is getting a bit much)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Not showing in the Pop Reports yet....actually there is 1 MS69 MN-D showing, but not satin mention in the pop reports.

Looking at the sets, so coins clearly have satin finishes... other do not. And I have found satin finish in mint rolls. I will post my proposal in a new thread... I think it may work.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    dbldie55: I'm interested in finding out where you've found a PCGS MS69 nickel. That sounds like quite a find... image--> Edited: Ok I found them too. Thanks!

Seth
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth: I already got in a number of "p" mint and "d" mint State quarters, "p" mint nickels and "p" mint Sacs in PCGS-MS69 Satin. IMHO, these coins will not be extremely difficult to locate in the MS68 or even possibly MS69 grade, although some specific 2005 denominations I believe will be more challenging to locate in the MS68 or better grade from the Mint sets.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Seth: I already got in a number of "p" mint and "d" mint State quarters, "p" mint nickels and "p" mint Sacs in PCGS-MS69 Satin. IMHO, these coins will not be extremely difficult to locate in the MS68 or even possibly MS69 grade, although some specific 2005 denominations I believe will be more challenging to locate in the MS68 or better grade from the Mint sets. Wondercoin >>

Mitch: I've seen the same type of coins that had MS69 written all over them, but I haven't seen one in a holder yet. Do you have holders in hand that say Satin on them? Yes, I certainly agree that 68 is VERY TOUGH on a few.

Thanks!
    Seth
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth: Just PM me and we can discuss the 2005 mint set coins, back and forth, in more detail.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.