Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

when to register a set......

the 1st. coin you get......

1/4 of the set done?

1/3 ?

1/2 ?

or wait until it`s complete and slam `em at the last second!

Discussimage

Manuel

note: edited to reflect other options...image
Monday April 10, 2006 9:04 AM

SM1 calls me a troublemaker....image

--------------------------------------------
Sunday August 19, 2007 9:17AM

A mentor awarded " YOU SUCK!!"

Comments

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    You can start a registry whenever you want...that's the beauty of this organization. I started all of my Lincoln registry sets with just one coin and then worked my way up (and I'm still working my way up) image. You can watch yourself progress up the registry set slowly as you add coins OR you could assemble an entire set (without registering a single coin) and surprise the heck out of everyone at the top by registering all of them at one time! Some people out there get offended when you register a completed set...but I feel that everyone has that right!

Good luck!

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    to get completely sucked into the full OCD vortex start as soon as possible...it makes spending every dime you have more fun.
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

I start a set when I have the intention to build the set and I have procured the first coin.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    image When I decide I want to start a set I put all the applicable coins that I have in the set. But it's all a matter of personal preference. I enjoy watching the climb up the ladder as I add each coin.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I registered this set at about 150 coins or so when they made it.
    Syl's Washington's

And yes I still need some of the key dates, and there is room for a lot of upgrades. But just filling that many slots is fun. And since only so much of the budget can go to coins, who knows what I might go for next.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    w/ 1st coin image
  • Options
    I agree with ellewood. There is no correct answer. Just whenever you want.image

RegistryNut
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    to get completely sucked into the full OCD vortex start as soon as possible...it makes spending every dime you have more fun.

Isn't that the truth Saint!!!

• Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    June 30th at about 6:00 PM PST ..................It has happened..............

imageimage
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    XXX

I thought we had untill midnight?
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    I think 8:00 PM PST Michael.

PS Have a great weekend and we will talk Sunday nite, Goin to my brothers shabang tomorrow and see Mom...........image
  • Options
    mademanmademan Posts: 431 ✭✭
    I started with one coin for most of my sets. And I still love every minute of it. Don / MM
  • Options
    7summits7summits Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Let's face it after any hour of the day June 30 your competition doesn't have much of a chance to do anything about your set rating . . . image
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked the same question years age and everyone said just add the set and move up from there. Go for it!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211