Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

THIS seems VERY high for a "Registry" Coin. What do you think? I've bought/sold them for a

The greater fool theory at work? Perhaps a VERY optimistic reserve? Most we ever sold one for was $550. $450-500 is average. One just sold tonight on eBay for only $303 or so.

LINK

Comments

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the last (2) coins sold at Heritage for under $200 each in that grade. Perhaps the consignor thought the coin should be an MS66RD?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Doesn't much look like an ms66 in the scan... but with pcgs these days it could be anything. I just got a 1966 graded ms65 and it is nicer than my ms67 64-d.
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mo just sold one on ebay for $308

link
    Doug
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that's the new going rate. I just bought five of those raw with hopes of making one or two in 65RD. I have a feeling the market will soon be saturated, though, as more of these find their way into holders.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
    I agree. The price is totally out of line, as to the true value.
  • I can give you many examples of ms lincolns in the sixties with pops near this coin, selling over 500.00.... This coin has been on my list to go way up, I am not surprised. Demand is high, With little possability of the numbers increasing.