Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

"Psychotic grading"?

Ive heard of "this 8 really should have been a 9" or "this is a high end 9" and all of the other claims to make a card seem that its worthy of a higher grade.

However, the notes in Mastronet's latest catalog that items were "insanely graded by PSA" or "only seen under psychotic examination" seems a little strong in the wordsmithing area.

Maybe its just me.

Link

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    that is crazy..

pun intended..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Ridiculously strong diction that strays from the context.
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    "All cards graded at a lower level exhibit some minute degree of a surface wrinkle on the front or back and this is only seen under psychotic examination!"
    This is exactly what makes cards that will grade out at 8-9-10 so special. The psychos buying them want crease free cards. It keeps them happy when they find none.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    "deliciously colored imagery"

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Mastro going overboard with its descriptions? image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Nothing new, they ripped PSA a new one on a couple of T200 lots last year, basically saying they shouldn't be grading them until they get a clue.
    At least it's more entertaining than "dripping with color, edges so sharp you could cut cheese". I'd rather see a bigger picture and a lot less words.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Their choice of words undermine the integrity of the graded card market; I think unknowingly. They are word Mastrobators indeed.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    What do you think this beauty will sell for? Link
    I love candy cards
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Seriously, I think they just use the thesaurus in Microsoft word and replace every other word with a synonym that is twice as long or obscure:

"Most certainly, the material integrity of this card warrants its earned assessment as its corners are abundantly consistent with the expectations of the grade."

Really? Is Don King writing this stuff?