Home U.S. Coin Forum

Farewell to Everyone - I'm Retiring!!!

I've truely enjoyed my time here, but I must say GOODBYE to all! I didn't plan to retire so soon, but I came home tonight and flipped on the TV to Coin Vault. They had a one pound bag of dimes (spanning six decades!!!!) for only $214 plus shipping. Roosies, Marcs, Barbers, ... the cheapest of which is a late date Roosie at a MINIMUM catalog value of $4.00 (no shi# - MINIMUM value!!!!). This value doesn't even reflect the possibility of a '16-D Merc in AU+!!!! So, what with some other key date Mercs and key date Barbers, I'm set for life. (I ordered 100 lbs. - The telemarketer gal was impressed and wanted to meet me in the tropics, but I demured - When you're about to be as rich as I will be, you have to be careful!!) Thank you Coin Vault for making my dreams come true!!!

See you all on my private island!! (Assumimg, of course, that I invite you.....)

Mike
Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Comments

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    take me with you!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • The same thing that made Milwaukee famous is going to make the Coin Vault successful.image

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • I had to order 200 lbs to retire. They are a little misleading. Double your order and you will be fine.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was probably meant tongue in cheek but just in case you should
    be warned that it will require multiple purchases to swing that retirement to
    Tahiti. And brace yourself: There will be no clad whatsoever in it. They never
    slip up. Oh sure, '16-D gems are a dime a dozen in the lots I got but not even
    a VF '65 in all of them. Oh well, when you but dimes by the pound you can nev-
    er be sure what you're getting.
    Tempus fugit.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    You know what? I'm the one who was the sole supplier of those dimes. So my island is bigger. image
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know what? I'm the one who was the sole supplier of those dimes. So my island is bigger. image >>

NWS. Thanks so much. Their two hour shipping option was requested and the dimes arrived, although a little late. The rest of the night was spent searching for the elusive 16D. Al told 15 of them were found in various grades. Later today another 500 lbs will be ordered for searching. After the 500lbs are searched I will buy Tahiti. Again NWS, Thanks for releasing your dimes.

Here are the best two that were found.

Ken
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Rats! I always miss out on the easy money!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Yeah, but just don't you get too close to my island.image
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I think my island is safe for now, at least until they move on to selling bags of Morgans from the mid 1890s.
    I brake for ear bars.

• << <i>This is a joke, right?image >>

Glenn
  • ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>This is a joke, right?image >>

I 'm dead serious, man.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Coppernicus, Oregon is a good place to retire--come on overimage No advances on your investments thoughimage---------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Ken, just be sure not to rinse any of those in acetone. image
  • And to think, All the physic's i took, Only to find out Coppernicus Theory is wrong....image

Believe that the world is flat and if you sail to far, Your coins will roll off the edge......image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been over 4 years, has anyone seen Coppernicus??

Is he rich??

Has he posted again??

Is he with Adrian?? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file