Home U.S. Coin Forum

Back from the Bahamas and Key West, Florida

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gosh, I fell in love with Key West!!!!!!!!! A wonderful coin/numismatic store in key West called the Treasure Chest. The treasures were awesome!

The Bahamas was ok but did like the Great Exuma Island of the Bahamas (Georgetown)!

Came back the same day the Palm Beach, Fla show started since I planned this vacation a long time ago.
A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    I'll be jealous until Wednesday when I get to Miami on my way to the Keys. Know of any coin shops in the South Beach area?

Bill
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Key West. Where can I find this treasure Oreville?
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. Now get to work! image
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you had a good time. The keys are one of my favorite places in our fine state.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    Key West? Good Lord, I hope you didn't take any red copper with you. image
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Note the date on the OP.
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    I get down to key west about once a year.
    I don't remember the name of the store (it could be the Treasure Chest)

I do remember it was on Duval Street.

It had some awesome historical pieces.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • really old thread alert......if oreville is still down there he retired image
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>really old thread alert......if oreville is still down there he retiredimage >>

I wish!

Yes, The Treasure Chest was on Duval St right near the Sunset Key walkway. Good for looking not for buying.

Brought no red cents down there!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I once had drinks with Horace Greeley and Ernie Hemingway at a now defunct bar there called The Old Nail. We did NOT behave. image

<< <i>

<< <i>really old thread alert......if oreville is still down there he retiredimage >>

I wish!

Yes, The Treasure Chest was on Duval St right near the Sunset Key walkway. Good for looking not for buying.

Brought no red cents down there! >>

I visited the Treasure Chest yesterday. It's moved from Duval St. to the End of Front St. 700 Front St. to be exact. As Oreville indicates, good for looking, but nothing really worth buying. A lot of shipwreck coins set in jewelery, including many coins from the Atocha.

We're staying next to Mel Fisher's Treasure museum here in Key West. So we'll have a look see there tomorrow.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, im counting the days till my vacation..........its 87 there everyday image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

<< <i>man, im counting the days till my vacation..........its 87 there everyday image >>

It was downright hot today. Actually set a record high! But otherwise it's a very agreeable climate here! image
  • My god I miss the Green Parrot. And the outdoor bowling alley my wife I sketched a business plan for there - oh the salt laced cans of beer, and then more beers, and more beers. I hate this thread surfaced. I'm hankering.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file