Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

When to register???

I now have roughly 30% of the coins needed for the Indian Cent basic set. They are all MS65, 65RD, 66RD and one 66RB. My question is this; should I wait until I have 60-65% of the collection before I register the set to try for a "New Set Award" or wake up, smell the coffee and just register the set now.

Tod

Comments

• Options
    If you're going for number one, wait till 100% done. If you're not after no.1 with a lot of expensive poptops where someone could try to take advantage, then list. You can image your favorite coins and watch the collection as it grows.
    morgannut2
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    image unless you can buy without anyone knowing your link to the registry set which should be EXTREMELY easy as you can name thye set any way you want AND chose to NOT reveal your e-mail address OR even show the coins.

BTW, welcome to the boards. I've seen you on eBay for quite a while now. In fact we've done some business. image
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Start now. The registry is a great way to build enthusiasm and unless you are buying a RED ms68 set, all the talk about being stalked or whatever is silly. The registry gives you a sense of satisfaction seeing your name and your progress. You just have to remember that you are only competing with yourself, aand as long as you are happy with what you have that's fine!

The only downside that I found is that it does tend to feed the OCD in all of us and makes you buy bigger better coins!! But soooo what??image
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    There are a lot less new sets posted in IHC's than Lincolns so maybe you would have a shot at the best new set award, but I guess it is impossible to say for sure. Good luck with your set! It sounds like a nice start!
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I found that by listing the collection, people would PM with coins that would fill slots. I never felt taht I was being held hostage. Posting pics is an important part of the registry IMHO. Pics bring the coins out of the deposit box for everyone to see.
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options

Should I have been more careful with my "handle"??? Being new to the boards, I'm kind of a DA (first word is dumb!!) when it comes to meanings of IHC, IMHO & OCD, could somebody give me the QT?
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    That's okay! I know these...
    IHC = Indian Head Cent
    IMHO = In my humble opinion
    OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder
    but don't think I know DA or QT!