Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Crack & Slab SQ Proof Sets or Keep Intact????

Need everyone's opinions and thoughts here. Since 1999, I have had a subscription for my standard 10-coin & 5-coin proof sets from the U.S. Mint in both clad and silver (2004 5-coin silvers just started in 2004). I have been very fortunate with the quality of my proof sets since 99' and I have only had to return two sets. I feel fairly confident that I can send in every single one of my state quarters from the 5-coin clad sets and they will come back 69DCAM (I have wanted to assemble a PCGS SQ Flag Set for some time now).

My question is this:

Do you all believe that these quarters will be more valuable individually slabbed in 69DCAM than as a regular proof set? Or do you think that so many have been slabbed that the value of the quarters won't go anywhere 10, 20, 30 years down the road. I know for sure that I am not going to break up my clad and silver 10-coin sets. I don't really mind sacraficing the 5-coin clads though. I'd love to hear your opinions. Also, could someone confirm for me that PCGS WILL allow you to send in your whole proof set and take care of cracking them out for you?

Comments

• I would leave the 1999 Silver set in it's original mint packaging as these have been doing great on eBay ( $250.00 and up )

PCGS will accept them in the mint holders.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    What are the details for PCGS accepting coins in the original mint holders?

Thanks

Sumdunce