Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is your #1 "source" dealer a closely held secret?

Or something you share with others? As for me, I'm pretty tight lipped! I'm greedy, and want all the good stuff for ME!
Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Or something you share with others? As for me, I'm pretty tight lipped! I'm greedy, and want all the good stuff for ME! >>

Only if they're going after the same stuff as I am. If they're not, I gladly recommend dealers to others as a way to thank them for sending the nice stuff I need my way. image
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭
    Only my family knows where I acquire my coins (not that it is a very big secret).

Joe.
  • Options
    I agree with that statement ziggy29.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Its such a secret, even the dealer doesnt know that

he or she is the secret sauce.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    If I tell you, I'll have to kill you image
  • Options
    Hi,
    yes - I don't even know who he is! image

Billy
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    No.
    Here are the good folks I have dealt with (in no particular order):
    Heritage, Jadecoin, DLRC, Legend, Pinnacle, Harry Laibstain, Russ, jbsteven, PQDollars (Steve).
  • Options
    This is my favorite dealer.

Collector USA/Williams Gallery 1-800-422-0787 I can't say enough about Dale Williams and his office manager Dan Wahrer.

And I will also make a plug for one the boards favorite sons: Mark Feld. I have not bought from Mark YET but he has helped me on several occassions. Thank goodness the list of the good dealers far out paces the list of bad.

Jerry
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I never tell Marty, Don, Ken or any of the other vultures around here.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a secret at all! image
  • Options
    he's on the boards ~ stay away from the hoard!
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    The key is to have many sources if you like certain types of coins.
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    Agreed bestclser1. I've bought from numerous sources, but have a couple favs.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    No doubt about it...its gotta be the first company I dealt with since I re-started my collecting interets...

None other that the gals at JJ Teaparty. I worked with Gail when she worked for Dave Bowers and worked with Liz Coggan originally, with whom I developed a rapport ; they also have a close relationship with the folks at ANR; IMHO: a very wonderful group of individuals.

Over the years, I have developed solid relationships with quite a few other dealers, yet the Bostonians still have a place in my heart.

Another paid solicitation...................

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Where I spend my money is declining order

Larry Whitlow

Larry Shepherd

Legend

Pinnacle
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    No secret here.... My # 1 source is PINNACLE RARITIESimage
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Whitlow
    Pinnacle
    Eagle Eye
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    I'll never tell ... image The best thing, he now offers me coins -- on approval -- before they even hit eBay!
  • Options
    At sometime or another, I`ve posted where I got coins from. Especially if I get one that I`m enthused with. I`m usually pretty open about it if asked and if I`m enthused with what I have. Most of the sites are common knowledge like DLRC or Rare Coins of New Hampshire. Others alot of people I don`t think know about like http://www.rcicoins.com/ . Dr Michael Fey, who runs the site, is one of the top VAM experts ( Morgans and Peace Dollars both ) in the country. I just got a raw 1934 - D VAM 3 Peace Dollar in the mail this week from him. I`ve stumbled on the site just this past Febuary and dealt with him 4 times already and have been pleased with the material I`ve received.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file