Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Yea or Nay L & C pouch set????????????

Whats the opinion out there on this set scheduled to be released on 9/7??

Inxs image
"Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    I've got the coins, the C&C set (which was over priced w/ no bonus). I will not pay $85 for a coin pouch.image I think I'll just give Russ a call and get a slab caddy instead.image
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    It's a waste of money in my opinion, and sure to wind up way under issue price.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably another one of those things that we all dislike & don't buy, then the price goes through the roof a few months later.

I'm not buying any.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect that this set will be similar to some of the civil war commemorative sets of the mid 1990s that were issued in fancy plastic cases which resembled photo album books from the Civil War era. I bought one of these and I think the case is very cool. But I don't see these special cases offered anyway. I expect that these cases have been forgotten and so as an investment they were a terrible purchase. But the fact remains that the case is very cool. image

I will surely buy some of the L&C pouch sets because I think this "case" is also very cool. Plus my wife claims some Native American heritage and she loves to sew, so I know she, too, will want to buy some of these pouches. That said, I doubt very much they will be great investments. And, even if they are, my wife likely wouldn't let me sell them. So, regardless of what happens to their price, I sure as heck won't be retiring on their proceeds. image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    wayyyyyyy overpriced - I think the US Mint is learning how to take advantage of people. Altho it is a neat item, I doubt if I will pay that much for it. Probably a NAY for me.
  • Options
    Nay !!

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I can think of a whole lot of coins I'd like for $120....no way.
  • Options
    BeeManBeeMan Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I already have the other set. I could buy a whole new leather jacket for a little more than the price of the pouch set! image
    Watch the mirror count the lines
    The battle scars of all the good times
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    $120 for a proof L&C dollar ($39 alone) & a pouch! That's an expensive pouch ($81)!
    I'll pass.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Only the foolish will buy this item.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    For that kind of money, one can buy a kangaroo, with a pouch built in.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not gonna buy into that hype.

However, I'm gonna be mighty pissed if that thing has something special in it.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect they will sell out very quickly. ( I have no interest in them myself.) The pouches will have a following outside of the standard numismatic channels. This shouldn't be compared to the "photo case" packaging for the Civil War issue...that was a cheap piece of plastic junk.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Holy cow, not a single buyer in the crowd. Hmmm.......maybe I need to re-evaluate my position here. No-one buys and in a year or two the price could skyrocket on these things. Maybe $85 for a coin pouch will be a steal.image Oh well, maybe I won't order that slab caddy from Russ quite so fast.image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Well.....I need to jump on the stack here as a fellow purchaser of the L&C C&C set. That particular set turned out disappointing for lack of a matte proof so I cannot really justify spending that kind of money on a pouch set. Even if Geronimo himself made it! I'm sure the Ebay crowd will sell them at $200 each but that in itself will be another gamble. So, no, I ain't gonna get one.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Nay.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm?
    I will spring for one. It shows that the mint is taking an interest in the "unusual" offering, for a change. As opposed to FDC's, X'd dies, and the odd jewelry item.
  • Options
    richrich Posts: 364
    Nay! $125

1997 Matte Nickel strike thru U
    "Error Collector- I Love Dem Crazy Coins"
    "Money, what is money? It is loaned to a man; he comes into the world with nothing and he leaves with nothing." Billy Durant. Founder of General Motors. He died a pauper.
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    Not for me. image
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Seems the jury's in on these sets. They have sold as low as $66 during the past month on eBay. Many others sold, or went unsold, for under $100. Only a few made by certain artists are selling for a premium.
    USAF vet 1951-59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file