Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just for fun... Ebay dictionary

This could be fun if no one takes it too seriously and others contribute. Some of these however are so true that it's scary-

Terms and phrases found in Ebay titles and descriptions and their meanings (for the beginner)

1. Spectacular toning!: Coin has been harshly cleaned and retoned an ugly gold-purple. See also "Rainbow toning".
2. "I know absolutely nothing about coins, I am selling them for a friend": I know my coins are crappy, but don't blame me because I told you I don't know a thing about them.
3. (for buffalo nickels) "Full four digit date": Acid treated.
4. Incredible luster: Brasso and a chamois.
5. "This date is getting harder and harder to find": Usually attached to a very circulated 1938D buffalo nickel, and every other coin the person is auctioning.
6. "Coin has been lightly cleaned in the past": Dipped in Nic-a-date.
7. "Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed": Unless you read my terms.
8. "1915 Buffalo Nickel~ $250,000 in MS!": However the coin you are bidding on is a whizzed XF that should have been used in a vending machine.
9. "No reserve, starts at $.01!": However the shipping for this coin is $50.
10. "Coin was broken out of a PCGS MS65 slab for my album": With a pair of pliers and then dragged across the concrete, apparently.
11. "U-GRADE": You think it's MS? Well then so do I!
12. "Coin cannot be returned if original holder is opened": The coin is shipped to you raw in a brown envelope.
13. "Please read my feedback": I haven't been caught yet!
14. Nickle, Nichol, Nicole, Knickle: Hillbilly for "nickel".
15. "I am not a professional coin grader or dealer": See #2.
16. "I am not responsible for uninsured packages": I may send your coin, I may not. Depends on my mood.

Have fun with this and add your own- this could get interesting image

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file