Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

New images for registry set

I have now updated part of my registry set photographs for my barber half set.

The images from 1892-1900 are all with my Fuji digital camera. Although the images.Linky are better than the previous scanned images, they still aren't quite what I want. I took all with a camera stand, and used two incandescent lamps and a halogen lamp to try to eliminate shadows. Focusing with a macro lens manually is much tougher on these coins than you would intuitively think, probably since the obverse has more of a three dimensionality. I realize a few of the pics are fuzzy and I plan to retake them later.
For a background I used ordinary duct tape placed over a scrap board.

For a comparison, the coins imaged after 1900 in my set are mostly by scanner, unless obverse and reverse images are seen together. The latter are also by camera.

I will finish updating my set in the next few days and then see about trying again.
Dr. Pete

Comments

• DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Have nearly all my coins in the barber registry set imaged. Now all have obverse and reverse images taken with my Fuji digital camera. A few could be better focused and some suffer from the luster not showing as nice as in person. Overalll the pics are much better than the original scanner images I posted.

Nothing but practice will get better images, but I figure that incremental improvements give me an incentive to continually trying to improve.
    Dr. Pete
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to do that! I know how difficult it can be to get images right. One day I'll have someone who knows what they're doing come in and do all of my sets so the images look right!