Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A special thanks to "Lothlórien Collection " for sniping at the last minute

my 2000 Mint Set which I was the first to complete and completed it as the highest rated. Thanks allot for all your hard work ......%%%% %%%

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we see your coins?

link
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    I guess I will have to wait to 2005 to open it now......................
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    That's life in the fast lane.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    This really Pis%ed me off. He was #8 yesterday with a closed set. May he wollow in his glory. Well one thing is for sure.I finished that set FIRST, and when I did... I finished it as #1, What a jerk to snipe in that manner. I have NO RESPECT for some one that sits for months in number 8 then in the last few hours wipes out your hard work.................Pissed, yes I am.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    That too................................Myqqy
  • Options
    nemesis93457,

Is your set now somehow not as nice as it was? Has his set diminished the beauty of your coins, or your achievement in assembling it? It's just a silly registry award. It really ain't anything to get that worked up over.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Yeah man, same happened to me! Sorta... that meanie PQDollars registered his set and bumped me outta the coveted #62 slot!! Now I'm ranked measely #63... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn valid question Russ. All worked up about a Hobby that is suppose to be FUN..

No wonder so many members think like they do about Registry Sets and Registry Members.

Sheez Louise.....
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh?

Doesn't this belong on the Registry forum?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I know RUSS................Its just I really thought when I got home from work, I'd turn on the computer and watch the finals....And LOW and BEHOLD......sniped by a set that sat vacant for months, even last night night. Any way.Atleast I know what cards hes holding. I would have smoked him had my coins gotten out of grading, there is always next week or two. I really didn't need a plaque on the wall anyways. I sure Kevin and Bethany will enjoy it more that I.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    nemisis, I sniped yesterday tooBTW, happened to me last year, take it easy--------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Trust me.........I am wondering far over to the darkside...................Just waiting on PCGS for some of that back too..............Just to much stress in the registry set. It was fun while it lasted, I I still have a feww surprise, I just wasn't expecting this.
  • Options
    Since I don't hang in the registry forum, I have little idea about what's being discussed, other than some type of ranking thingee. So, if this topic is going to remain in this forum, could someone explain the finer points of the whole thingee, so I can decide how much I sympathize with the whole subject??
  • Options
    Enough time wasted on something that really doesn't mean sh*t. Hope they feel good.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Looks like you got outplayed this round. Happens.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>Just to much stress in the registry set. >>

Ummkay..image
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557

<< <i>Since I don't hang in the registry forum, I have little idea about what's being discussed, other than some type of ranking thingee. So, if this topic is going to remain in this forum, could someone explain the finer points of the whole thingee, so I can decide how much I sympathize with the whole subject??
    image >>

Today was the deadline for coins to go into the Registry. They now judge the coins as they appeared in the Registry at 10pm EST. Exceptional sets might get inducted into the Hall of Fame and get a HOF symbol next to the set, they have Best of the Registry Awards for different categories, and I guess you must also get something for being #1 set.
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    I guess you don't have much use for guys who use the check, raise style? Welcome to the human race. And I did say race.
    David Schweitz
  • Options
    Nice last minute additions

PCGS Set Registry > Mint Sets > 2000 Mint Set

Printer Friendly

Lothlórien Collection - The Number One Finest Set of All Time
    2000 Mint Set

Weighted GPA : 68.07
    % Complete: 100.00%
    Set Rating: 68.07
    Registrant's Email Address: nivek@alpacacriations.com

Lothlórien Collection
    Item PCGS No. Denom Var Grade Pop Pop
    Higher Owner's Comments
    2000 1C 3160 1C MS68RD 233 6
    2000-D 1C 3163 1C MS68RD 188 4
    2000-P 5C 84146 5C MS66FS 101 7
    2000-D 5C 84147 5C MS66FS 69 5
    2000-P 10C 85199 10C MS68FB 326 0
    2000-D 10C 85200 10C MS68FB 207 0
    2000-P 25C Massachusetts 5954 MA 25C Massachusetts MS68 250 2
    2000-D 25C Massachusetts 5955 MA 25C Massachusetts MS67 496 30
    2000-P 25C Maryland 5956 MD 25C Maryland MS68 101 0
    2000-D 25C Maryland 5957 MD 25C Maryland MS68 43 0
    2000-P 25C South Carolina 5958 SC 25C South Carolina MS68 245 1
    2000-D 25C South Carolina 5959 SC 25C South Carolina MS68 135 0
    2000-P 25C New Hampshire 5962 NH 25C New Hampshire MS67 451 49
    2000-D 25C New Hampshire 5963 NH 25C New Hampshire MS67 232 18
    2000-P 25C Virginia 5964 VA 25C Virginia MS68 127 0
    2000-D 25C Virginia 5965 VA 25C Virginia MS67 395 14
    2000-P 50C 6778 50C MS67 203 17
    2000-D 50C 6779 50C MS66 93 45
    2000-P SAC $1 9584 SAC $1 MS68 327 6
    2000-P SAC $1 Goodacre 99584 SAC $1 Goodacre Presentation MS69 12 0
    2000-D SAC $1 9585 SAC $1 MS68 124 2
    2000-D SAC $1 Millennium 99585 SAC $1 Millennium Set MS68 35 1

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I suggest some people read this article?
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    LOOKS LIKE texas holdem
    Michael
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a bunch of Modern Coins where the population is very high and will go higher.

Whats the problem. Get him next year with a Snipe Tactic of your own. Certainly the coins will be available by then.

Tee Hee.....
  • Options
    Airplanenut- thanks for the link to your article, as I missed it the first time around. While I'm sure that many registry enthusiasts would take issue with your final summation of "egoist v. numismatist", I think it's a fair question to raise. I know that people can spin the registry phenom as a way of "sharing" your collection with others, but I can't escape the feeling that the foundation of the registry is something darker and less admirable. I guess, for me, if a numismatic pursuit ends up keeping you from vast numbers of worthwhile coins, then it really isn't a numismatic pursuit....
  • Options
    They crushed your dreams for the sake of crushing your dreams. It's a little childish to wait till the last minute but oh well, better luck next time. Have fun and don't take it so seriously.
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    I like sniping - especially on FleaBay !! image

imageimage

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny... I always thought it was all (in) fun. Silly me.
  • Options
    One of the secrets to having a happy life is to only worry about the important things.

This does not sound like one of them.....Ken
  • Options
    Walt don't feel so bad I know exactly how you feel this morning.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registry freaks need to get a life...sheesh
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    I believe a congratulations is in order for the 3 top sets in this category, 2000 mint set. ;image;image
    You all have put together some fine sets. Now looks to be even tougher for the up coming year.
    Good luck to you all and let's have some fun
    imageimageimage
    Michael
  • Options
    ???

I am confused here ? Your ranting here because someone else put a 2000 set together that grades a little higher than yours ??

AND waited to enter the coins until the last couple hours before the deadline ????

That's pathetic !! Is there some kind of rule that says a person has to enter their coins a certain number of hours before the deadline?

What would you have done? Do you have coins that you could have entered to try and best them ? Why wouldn't you have already put them in ? Your set ended up in the number two spot and you changed your description to some childish crybaby thing to try and demean the top spot person. What are you? 12 years old ???? SHEESH !!! Get a life !
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People here should REALLY read Jeremy's article.

The best line:

"If they thought it was a perfect coin and liked it, what does it matter what some else thinks of it?"

Funny that a teenager can think this but us "adults" can't...

jom
  • Options

<< <i>People here should REALLY read Jeremy's article. >>

The nut will go far !!!
  • Options

<< <i>The Set Lothlórien Collection Sniped in the last few hours of 2004 Finals (16 coins added) >>

<< <i>but I can't escape the feeling that the foundation of the registry is something darker and less admirable. >>

Yes, it's an evil CIA mind control plot.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

and it seems to be working! image

I say hang in there nemesis! you still have a great set of coins!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    So, your set was usurped by another, and you're upset to the point where you don't want to play anymore? Wow.

Let me guess - you live in a land where it's McDonalds fault that people are overweight.
  • Options
    << but I can't escape the feeling that the foundation of the registry is something darker and less admirable. >>

I don't think the CIA is capable or qualified to conduct proper evil mind control plots..... image
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Get a life. You got owned. Get over it. Sucks to be you, I guess.
  • Options

My twelve-year-old daughter finished second with her 1991 Mint Set and she didn't cry one single tear.

• Options
    Oh Crap !!!

My Lincoln Proof set entered in at #37, i upgraded a few of them and moved up to #24. Right before the deadline a couple people upgraded and now i'm at #25 !!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I guess i should expect about 60 people to post here telling me what a schmuck i am for booting them down a couple spots !?!

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭

<< <i>My twelve-year-old daughter finished second with her 1991 Mint Set and she didn't cry one single tear. >>

Give her about 15 years, she'll catch on. image

Edited to add: If she hangs around here too much. image

Dan
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    Im sorry, but if you guys need a cheap plaque to tell you your coins rock then
    you may be in the wrong place.

seems wayyyy to kindergartenish to me, but hey what do I know.

Guess its like bozo the anaconda flouting his pompus wares image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    you sound like a child that lost his ball. Plus, looking at his collection it does not appear that you have over 60% of pop-top coins in yourt series. So as far as I'm concerned, you don't come close to deserving the award. You set is a nice one, I think, but no way good enough to be an award winner,anyway!!!

1950 to Present Proof Type Set- #15; 94% complete and happy
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options

<< <i>my 2000 Mint Set which I was the first to complete and completed it as the highest rated. Thanks allot for all your hard work ......%%%% %%% >>

STOP WHINING TWIT. YOU SOUND PATHETIC.
  • Options
    puffpuff Posts: 1,475

<< <i>

<< <i>my 2000 Mint Set which I was the first to complete and completed it as the highest rated. Thanks allot for all your hard work ......%%%% %%% >>

STOP WHINING TWIT. YOU SOUND PATHETIC. >>

• Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861
    Nemesis 93457. I got it figured out. You wanted to win 1st place because the plaque for winning is worth more than your 2000 Mint Set. I see your point now!!!
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    thankfully PCGS Changed the name of your set. There's always next year and i think you learned alot today about growing up. Sorry, you sound/are be a spoiled YN, not possible for a mature adult to act this way. good luck, little boy, maybe MaMa will buy you some top-pop coins for next year, just do well on your report card. sorry, all this time I thought you were an adult, sorry didn't know you were a kid. but you cxould only be a YN complaining in the childish manner you did.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm.... Tough crowd- almost a full flame-a-thon...... image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file