Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Registered '52 Topps set on the auction block!

Don't know if anyone saw this '52 Topps Set on ebay or not. Here is a link to the PSA registry. Based on the July SMR the value for 1-310 is approx. $35,000.00 (I don't have the August SMR but I understand there were increases in this set). The current $17,000.00 seems like a steal. I am sure there are quite a few snipers drooling over this one. I'll be watching just to see where it closes. image

Scott
Registry Sets:
T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
1981 Topps FB PSA 10
1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets

Comments

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    This would be an awesome way to start the set. Too bad I don't have $35,000 to spend on it, though. image
  • Options
    I just did a "contact information" request on eBay, and there was no info sent or available. Ontario, Canada seems to have lots of GREAT DEALS...none of which take PayPal. I e-mailed the seller and asked if he would let escrow.com handle the transaction. Something really is rank with this one. The guy (person) hasn't sold anything except a video tape in a long time...I'll track it too, but asking people to send negotiable instruments across international borders is a no-brainer tip off. No pics...not even the Mantle...real rank. Pretty easy to get the PSA registry list.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just did a "contact information" request on eBay, and there was no info sent or available. Ontario, Canada seems to have lots of GREAT DEALS...none of which take PayPal. I e-mailed the seller and asked if he would let escrow.com handle the transaction. Something really is rank with this one. The guy (person) hasn't sold anything except a video tape in a long time...I'll track it too, but asking people to send negotiable instruments across international borders is a no-brainer tip off. No pics...not even the Mantle...real rank. Pretty easy to get the PSA registry list. >>

nah.. I could be wrong, but I believe its the real deal.. The guy has some old feedback from reputable dealers.. another giveaway is his use of "PSA7" rather than "PSA 7".. (see his "Owners Comments" on the registry and he uses the same "PSA7")..

As I said, I could be wrong, but I think its legit..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just did a "contact information" request on eBay, and there was no info sent or available. Ontario, Canada seems to have lots of GREAT DEALS...none of which take PayPal. I e-mailed the seller and asked if he would let escrow.com handle the transaction. Something really is rank with this one. The guy (person) hasn't sold anything except a video tape in a long time...I'll track it too, but asking people to send negotiable instruments across international borders is a no-brainer tip off. No pics...not even the Mantle...real rank. Pretty easy to get the PSA registry list. >>

nah.. I could be wrong, but I believe its the real deal.. The guy has some old feedback from reputable dealers.. another giveaway is his use of "PSA7" rather than "PSA 7".. (see his "Owners Comments" on the registry and he uses the same "PSA7")..

As I said, I could be wrong, but I think its legit.. >>

I hope you're right...I rescind my "contact information" statement. I'm not a bidder, and e-Bay will only release that information to a bidder or to a seller. My bad.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The set doesn't have the Mantle in it. It's #1-310, and then 24 high numbers, including Thomson, Durocher, Wilhelm, and Herman.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    The email in the registry description matches the email in the auction listing. Also, the ebay ID has the same initials as the registry. I, personally, have no reason to believe this isn't legit. I just thought there might be some interested board members. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I would love to have that, also! But, it does seem a bit anti-climatic...part of the reason I enjoy this hobby is the adventure of building the set card by card. I know the 52 set would be tough to do that way, but that's what I enjoy most about the Registry and set collecting. Buying the majority of the set this way, then sticking it in my closet, doesn't seem as satisfying to me.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>part of the reason I enjoy this hobby is the adventure of building the set card by card. >>

CT
    I agree - I kind of think of it like - is one a collector of cards or a collector of collections. Finding the cards and especially at a good price is what I like. Last nite I bid on 7 commons that book for 40$ a piece - all psa 8 and nicely centered - it was a slow nite and I got 6 out of 7 for an average of 29$ a card - I call that a great nite!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    just noticed this item is in canada, what are the customs ramifications?