Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

L & C Coins.

Happy Memorial Day guys.

What's everyone's opinion of L & C Coins???

Looks like they have some good stuff!!

J'har

Comments

• Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    Everything I have gotten from them has been top notch and very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    Their shipping is very reasonable also.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    No complaints here.......Bought a few 25c Flag proof sets from them.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    WoodwindWoodwind Posts: 486
    Oh never mind. I can't get the link to prior threads to work. image
    Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I got a half dime form them raw, got bagged for cleaning. It's pretty subtle though.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with raw material. It's often cleaned.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    There are old threads answering this question. Personally, I'll never buy from them again. Tried 3 times, kept 1 coin and returned all others. All had problems not mentioned in print, and even after telling them on the phone I didn't want any problem coins, they sent them.
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    My experience with them was not favorable and I no longer do business with L&C. Much like Barry's experience.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Top notch in my opinion. Never had a problem. Actually I've bought several coins that were undergraded. I always ask them if the coins were cleaned. Just made a big order Friday with them and when I asked if any were cleaned they had someone look at the coins and they admitted one may have been lightened?? No questions asked return policy...what more can you ask for. Buy slabbed coins if you can't grade or are worried about cleaned stuff. For raw coins.....their stuff is excellent in my opinion.
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I have bought several times from the without a problem. One reason I like buying from them is their low shipping prices. I would recommend them.
  • Options
    L&C Coins is outstanding. I've bought several things from them at very reasonable prices with no problems. They are very professional, and ship promptly. They have their own web site, plus they publish a very good paper monthly catalog. Sometimes, they list coins on eBay at very reasonable prices below what their catalog prices are. This is a way they build their customer database, and I have no problem with this. You will get put on their mailing list for their catalog.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Great luck with them here. I think their web prices are a high, but have had good luck at auctions.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with them has been spotty. They were OK with a couple of common dcam proofs, but then they wouldn't honor a price posted on their website for a variety.

I have also found some of their prices to be on the high side.

But if you are looking for a tough variety, this is one place that is likely to have it.

Cameonut

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    I had a few turn in the holders from them...
  • Options
    I have bought many of their eBay coins (all PCGS) and have had Zero problems there
    Shipping is excellent and swift - Coins have all matched descriptions - They are one of the few that I will even consider w/o a photo on eBay
    No experience with returns - Have not received any that needed to be

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file