Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

RGL WINS ROUND 4 OF THE "WORLD SERIES OF MODERN COIN PRICING"

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND, later tonight, I will list on ebay a 1992 (1/2 oz.) $25 GOLD EAGLE grading PCGS-MS70. Opening bid on the coin will be $1 with no reserve. This is the very first PCGS-MS70 of this 1992 $25 GOLD EAGLE ever graded by PCGS and I got the coin in on consignment yesterday. The Mintage on this coin is reported in the "Red Book" at a scant 54,404 coins. Interestingly, this compares to a mintage of 599,566 for the first year (1986) $25 MS Eagle and 131,255 for the second year (1987) $25 MS Eagle. By the 3rd year of the U.S. Mint Gold Eagle program, demand for the coins had fallen by more than 90%!! Place a guess here on this thread as to what the coin will sell for in my 10 day listed ebay auction (which, again, will start on ebay a bit later tonight) at anytime prior to 11:59 p.m. tonight (CA time) (after this deadline, no further guesses will be included in the contest). The closest guess WITHOUT GOING OVER the final actual sales price of the ebay auction wins a super quality 2001(p) Jefferson Nickel grading PCGS-MS67FS. (the first person who guesses a price level controls that price level as only one prize will be awarded in this contest and for a given price level)!! Good luck everybody!! And, of course, the winner will also get all the "fame" that goes with winning! And, I want to thank my consignor for allowing me to offer out his coin on ebay at $1 with no reserve as well. Good luck everyone and, again, the deadline for a guess is 11:59 p.m. CA time tonight! No extensions to the deadline this time, so please enter your guesses before the deadline! Good luck!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments