Home U.S. Coin Forum

Full torch Roosevelt dimes- any price guides yet or-

Full torch Roosevelt dimes- any price guides yet or relative rarity guides of each date and mint mark ? A small coin shop has a nice short set from 46- 55? but wants a $125 for it. Many of the coins have full torch. mike image

Comments

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    buy it.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    agreed! that is a great price that you could easily make back with just a few coins hitting. Now keep in mind that any hits you see on these little coins are really grade killers in comparision to larger coins....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on which service you use depends on if they will FT or FB. Using PCGS, they only look for full bands. However, NGC wants to see a full torch, i.e. full horizontal and verticle lines, hence the name FT. In my opinion, it is worth more to have a coin in NGC's FT holder than PCGS' FB holder. No offense meant towards PCGS.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to say, seems like a pretty good deal at $125.00.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hence the name FT. In my opinion, it is worth more to have a coin in NGC's FT holder than PCGS' FB holder. No offense meant towards PCGS.
    >>

the same ol NGC is stricter bit..... I hear it on Franklins also...

I have found in almost all of the full band Roosies I have personally submitted, that the torch is full also.........

the bands are the higher point of the coin and odds are that if the bands are there everything else is......

NGC coins in Roosies remind me of washies and frankies..... they tend to be looser with hits and average a grade point higher then pcgs....

with that said, I do like ngc and have many ngc coins, their white holder is awesome for toners.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    Whoa......depends upon the grades. On ebay, you can buy complete 1946-1964 set (48 coins) in white BU condition for $85-$115. So if its FB coins you're after, realize that they really DO NOT carry much if any premium in grades of MS65 or less. You may be getting a wonderful MS65 grade set, but its really not worth much more than a non-band set. That situation begins to change in grades of MS66 (and above) as FB coins become increasingly more rare. But, many coins are common in MS66FB such as a 1950D while others like 1958P/1957P/1963P are quite valuable in MS66FB grades (about $100 in a PCGS slab). And the disparity increases in MS67FB grades (and MS68FB). In my opinion, what would make such a set desirable would be beautiful toning AND/OR coins that grade a solid MS65FB and above (emphasis on above). If the coins have both beautiful toning (ie, superb eye appeal) and MS66FB+, then that set is a steal!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file