Home U.S. Coin Forum

Here's a little something different...2-sided Target Rainbow Toned PROOF Morgan in NGC...

NGC PF-65...who says you can't find some goodies at LCS's! Even got it at avg. GS Bid/Ask!

(I wonder if gsaguy collects these too? If so, I bet he has some doosies!)

Thanks for looking,

Doug
Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Comments

• RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Doug: We are wearying of your toned wonders and do not care to see anymore. Now, please go away ... image
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that one. I don't even think there are any prints. Let me look harder. image But in the mean time... what's this mean?

<< <i>who says you can't find some goodies at LCS's >>

I'm not up on all the lingo.

Edit... haven't I seen this up for sale a couple times?
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭

<< <i>I like that one. I don't even think there are any prints. Let me look harder. image But in the mean time... what's this mean?

<< <i>who says you can't find some goodies at LCS's >>

I'm not up on all the lingo.

Edit... haven't I seen this up for sale a couple times? >>

LCS = Local Coin Show. Yes, I have tried to peddle it twice on eBay; once as a consignment and once on my own. I guess I was "too proud" (to coin a southern term) of it and my reserves were too high. Anyway, I am glad I still have it!

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    ooh...that's purdyimageimageimage
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    a very good coin with tremendous eye appeal

michael
  • It's a beautiful coin!

If I may ask, does it look dark when viewed from head-on? The reason I ask is that some of my coins are colorful when light reflects off of them, but they are dark otherwise.

Dan
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    There's your print on the rev right below the eagles left wing stman.
    That's pretty all right. I like peripheral tone and it has a smooth uniform pattern & nice colors. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭

<< <i>It's a beautiful coin!

If I may ask, does it look dark when viewed from head-on? The reason I ask is that some of my coins are colorful when light reflects off of them, but they are dark otherwise.

Dan >>

Dan,

Most Proof coins are a bit darker straight on than when tilted a bit. Each coin variates with regard to the nature of the chemicals that make up the toning, how they "attach" to Proof and PL mirrors and the way light refracts off of the mirrors.

Thanks all for your kind comments.

Doug
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    that's a remarkable coin. probably looks 10x better out of the holder!

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file