Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

"No Grade" Coins in Registry Sets

I was looking at a registry set and saw two "no grade" Ikes in there. Never seen this before. Anyone know what it is?
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options

Not sure that I understand. I have a couple "no grade" coins as well. Do I need to relist them? Why would the numbers suddenly become invalid?
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS just updated there data base. All coins that have been sent in for regrade received
    a new cirt number whether the coin upgraded or not. All the old cirt numbers were deleted
    and a nograde will show in there place. I heard some coin regrades were done
    as long ago as 2 years. It sure took PC long enough to delete these cirt numbers.
    You need to enter the new cirt number that was put on the coin from the regrade.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    I think there may more to it than that. I have 2 in my set and the SN's in my set match the SN's on the coin. Why are they no grade.....going to call PCGS today and find out!

Craig
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Hi Everyone,

We are attempting to keep the Registry as up-to-date as possible. I recently had our programmers update the registry so that coins that have been submitted for regrade and assigned new certification numbers in CURRENT sets will display as nograde. The registry is not dynamic so when you get a coin regraded, the new certification number is not automatically updated in your set. This is something you must do yourself. Simply add the new number to your set in the EDIT mode. It will overwrite the old number. Then validate and you're done.

If a coin is showing up as a nograde, but the certification number is correct, there may be some other problem. Contact PCGS customer service for help at info@pcgs.com or call the 800#. You may be requested to send a scan or xerox copy of the coin. Once the coin is updated in the database, the nograde will disappear and you will be good to go.

BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    Well, that answers that! image
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, that answers that! image >>

Maybe not quite. While perusing the proof lincolns, I noticed that White Fang's 1950-58 set had a 1957 no grade. However, his 1909-58 set still has a 1957 with grade, 67Cam. I suspect this is the same coin with the same cert number. It looks like the cert number clean up has not propagated through all the sets yet. There may still be an opportunity to get a "no grade"image
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply add the new number to your set in the EDIT mode. It will overwrite the old number. Then validate and you're done.

You'll also have to reenter your comments and your photo links.
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Correct. Your comments and image are attached to the certification number, so if that number changes, you will need to readd the info.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    TTT
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    It must be an on going process because I didn't have on a "no grade" in my sets a couple of days ago. Today I notice I do.

Oh well.
    Dan
  • Options
    I saw one in the Mercury proof sets.