Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

"tin level" at PSA?

I recently applied for membership at PSA. The customer service rep mumbled something to me along the lines of, "we really don't want to associate with your type" (whatever that means). I ended up getting a slip in the mail welcoming me to PSA, stating that I was their inaugural "Tin Level" member and that my credit card had been charged $599.00. I tried calling the customer service number on the paerwork that they sent me, but an "Officer Johnson" kept answering the line and telling me he had no idea what I was talking about. Finally, he threatened to "send over a couple patrolmen to teach you a lesson".

Can anyone here tell me what is included in the Tin Level membership?

Comments

• Options
    hUh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vargah is this a joke if so it's starting out funny unless your serious then maybe it has something to do with coins.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    With the tin membership you have to grade the cards yourself, but you are limited to only using a scale of 1-5. No grades higher than 5 will be given to tin level members. Double submission fees apply as well.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    PSA is basing their new service levels on the same system that they base anniversaries on - you sign up for one year, it's the "paper" level, in which you get a piece of paper that tells you your credit card has been charged 599.00. The second year is the "cotton" level, in which you get a notice you've been charged 599.00 along with a PSA 5 cloth sticker of Alan Ashby. The third year of renewal is the "leather" level, in which PSA sends you a leather whip to encourage self flagellation, along with your charge slip.

And so on, and so forth.

Hope this clears up the situation.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Thanks purelyPSA. It makes a whole lot more sense now (except for that guy on the "custmer service" line).
  • Options
    Cool!
    Did you have to send in a coupon to get that discount?
    Where do I sign up???

Dave
    sellerman23
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    David - the problem with that series is by the time you get to the "gold" level, all you get is a videotape of a Solid Gold episode circa 1979, and the "diamond" level is a picture of a Hackensack little league baseball field. But by then you've renewed for 50 years, so they've figured out you don't pay as close attention to your charge statements as maybe you should.
  • Options

David,

The level that you referring to is for very "special" members only.Every card you submit is guaranteed to receive a grade of tin,(not to be confused with a grade of ten).Because these memberships are reserved for only the purest of mind,almost every card will be a 1/1 and therefore very valuable and certainly will increase in value.I suspect that you will soon replace King Kellogg as the supreme ruler on these boards and be known worldwide as the King of Tin(not to be confused with a Kingpin).You will subsequently become the most revered seller of 1/1 cards on E-Bay and people will talk of you on the same scale that they discuss PRO graded cards.

I have it on good authority that these memberships are limited,so I would not contact PSA to try to find out any more.I would just look at this as your good fortune(or maybe your ship just came in).

Vic (parolee extraordinare)image
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭
    purelyPSA done said:

> The third year of renewal is the "leather" level, in which PSA sends
    > you a leather whip to encourage self flagellation, along with your
    > charge slip.

Ouch! I shudder to think of what happens at the "hot wax" level!

Oh, and I think the Tin Level membership also gets you a free copy of
    Joe O's book, "Top 200 Ways To Impress Chicks With Your Sportscards".
  • Options
    I really would love to place a call into PSA asking about their new "Tin Level" membership. Maybe I will get angry and demand they let me speak with Joe Orlando when they tell me they have no idea what I'm talking about.

What fun!

Dave
    sellerman23

1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    How much for the DSL membership level??

..........and is the membership card the same size.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Happy New Year !
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    My understanding is that they just put a label on the card saver that you send your card in that says; "Not Graded, You should buy the card and not the holder". They have the fee structure so that every card, star and common is dthe same price, only $6.00. Shipping is $5.00 per card and it is sent back in an envelope with a 39 cent stamp on it.
  • Options
    David

I heard it had something to do with tornado's and witch's. Are you from the east or the west because I think that has some bearing on whether you get an oil can or have to put on a pair of sunglasses get a tin can and stand in the streets of the big apple singing New York New York. If the latter is true then Gator is right its all about the coins, If not then put your feet together and click your heals three times( the pretty pink ones) and say theres no grades like 10's there no grades like 10's. I hope this clears things up.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com