Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Question regarding increase in # of registered sets

Having bought my first PSA card in May, I was unfamiliar with the set registry until this year. Exclusive of player sets, what do you think has been the % increase in registered sets from 12/2002 to 12/2003 in general? More specifically, does anybody know how many 1969 baseballs sets were in the registry at the start of the year? Thanks.

Comments

• i think the drastic increase is being able to put one card into several different sets...ie, the various player and team sets. i don't think there are that many new people. i have no idea about the number of people doing the '69 set at the beginning of the year.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    On 1-07-03 there were 4054 sets registered, and 5000 by 4/9. Right now, 12/26, there are 8119. I'd imagine the vast majority of this huge growth is in baseball, where even fairly obscure card sets and narrow subsets have fans (3 sets of 1981 Topps Boston Red Sox registered, for example). 1969 is one of the more popular sets of the sixties. While I don't know how many of the 59 current sets were there a year ago, I would think there were at least 15 added this year. The count among individual sets is fluid. At one point there were 103 or 104 1975 Topps sets on the registry, now it's at 94.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay