Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ALWAYS Read the Description...

This E-Bay auction should be Exhibit #1 on why you should always read the ENTIRE description - CAREFULLY. I almost bid on this but could not figure out why the price was so low. 11 other people seem to have missed it. Ugghhhh.....

"VERY RARE GREAT BRITAIN SOVEREING 1917 GOLD" [sic] Item #2206736137

I would try to link but I'll screw it up.
Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

Comments

• Options
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    I seem to remember a forum member from Argentina who found out that the 1917 Sov they had was a counterfeit. Wonder if its the same coin/guy image

The only thing the seller did wrong was not include counterfeit in the auction title, it is fairly prominent within the item description. Well to me it is anyway.
  • Options
    On 2nd glance perhaps "Counterfeit" is more prominent in the description than I previously imagined. I think I was ticked about that key piece of info. missing from the title.

Still, it's a bit annoying, so maybe not Exhibit #1 but an exhibit nevertheless...
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    The description was revised. Was the counterfeit designation originally left outimage
    I agree with Cruzi - as revised the counterfeit designation is prominent. There's not always enough room in the 80-character title to fully describe what it's a copy of and mention that it's not really, so I don't get too upset when the information is prominent.
    Roy