Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Even if you don't appreciate liteside coins.....

Anybody who collects coins should check out and appreciate both the coins and the stories in this thread!

LitesideGold!

Just an unbelievable score - and all if it historic and beautiful (no modern crap in this thread!)
Cecil
Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>(no modern crap in this thread!) >>

modern crap? image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    'Modern Crap' is a term used on the liteside to refer to anything that was minted after about 1950 - for some reason, the ego-bound on the liteside look down thier noses at people who collect stuff that is 'too recent'....
    Cecil
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Some great gold though... image most of it from my period, I wouldn't kick it out of my collection! image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    I don't read the lightside forum much so maybe they have already talked about this but: I was reading about the shipwrecked SS Republic's huge gold coin find and was wondering if that is going to effect the price of these older gold coins. They are trying to retrieve the coins one at a time so as not to "scratch" them and estimate the numismatic values to be about $20,000.00 each but there are so many that I think the values may go down significantly.
    What do you think?
    Shep
  • Options
    If they come out of the ship in reasonably good condition, then prices will definitely drop (significantly).
    Cecil