Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Clean your desk!

I finally cleaned my home office desk and found a number of "missing" coins. I searched through the vault a few months back and wondered what happened to my red BU 1920 cent from my George V Canadian type set, and it was sitting on my desk the whole time.

Clean your desk. You never know what you'll find.

Obscurum per obscurius

Comments

• Options
    A clean desk is a sure sign of a sick mind!imageimage
    Roy

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice "find" Shiroh!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    image You trying to tell me something?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Nice cents, Shiro!

I cleaned out the file cabinet next to the desk this weekend and found an 18 year old savings bond that I had completely forgotten about (which I immediately spent on a couple of nice Guernsey proof sets on the bay of E)!

Sometimes it does pay to get organized!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it does pay to get organized!

At least it means I can rest assured that the George V small cent I bought for my type set was not dropped somewhere or accidentally mailed with some other coins I sold. Whew! image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Clean your desk!

I'm glad you're saying this and not my boss!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    It's great to find some long lost friends!

Not to long ago I lost a gold 10 Corona for a while - the flip was in my pocket empty. I had given up on it when a few weeks later it showed up in a pocket full of change. A few new ticks but better than nothing!

-JamminJ
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Did you find anything worth looking at on your desk, or just those clunkers?image
    "Have a nice day!"