Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

1981 Commonwealth Effigies

I'm trying to get the pics of all the effigies used in 1981 for commonwealth coins to try solve a mystery with an aussie 1981 5c variety. I have reason to believe the odd effigy was struck in London and the wrong effigy used. Of course i may be way off track but will never know unless i try.
Effigy in question is listed here as 1981 a
If this resembles anything that someone has seen could you please post a link or pic.
The complete effigy looks like this except for the change with the hair.
long live varieties

My Scans Not many yet but working on it.

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    SS, what extensive research you've undertaken on these varieties!! I'm sorry but I have no clue as to how to assist you with your quest.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Just trying to find another effigy that looks like this on another commonwealth coin for 1981. If one can be found i may have the answer to the mystery. This is one of the best parts to variety collecting, trying to find the answers that even the mints don't know.
    long live varieties

My Scans Not many yet but working on it.