Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ok, so who is "The Coin Guy"

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
1896 Morgan

Anyone?

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was probably from a registry set called the Coin Guy Collection
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Good question ... who is jbsteven1 also? image
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    Lots of bucks for a 96--Trends at $75 in MS64--although I will admit that I love toned Morgans!!
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    I have heard that a collector asked a dealer to send in a good sized amount of toned dollars for slabbing and the owner of the coins came up with The Coin Guy as a pedigree for the coins.

BTW I own that coin and it is pretty. image
  • Options
    Personally, I would feel a little silly owning slabs labelled "the coin guy."

That's a pretty nice looking coin, though, so I guess I would have to deal with itimage
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    It could be sent back for reslabbing w/o the pedigree. PCGS is good at that image
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely toned morgan, but what is numismatics coming to when pedigree's have lame little handles as the pedigree. If I owned it I would crack it out and burn that stupid as hell holder!

Tyler
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Two things:

First, I don't see any rainbow. Looks more like a Colorado Storm Cloud. Definately not rainbow, although attractive in it's own right.

Second, I believe that "The Coin Guy" is a registared trademark of Bret Leiffer of MA. I could be wrong but I think that's right.

njcoincrank
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    ARe there coin graders in the forum? I am trying to find out more...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file