Home U.S. Coin Forum

OT Ill bet I have had 75 Kids + so far?

jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
I glad my wife bought 20 bags of candy bars, they have been swarmin!

Comments

• Got 7 kids and now are turning off the lights.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Zero here. More candy for me image
  • It's been light in Virginia, only about 40
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Giving kids a choice of candy or coins.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think all the kids that come by, live around here, I see a lot being dropped off.
    Which I dont mind, I like giving out the stuff once a year, its kind of fun.

Rk,

I had always wanted to give out coins, but have been afraid for security reasons. No one locally (Housing area) knows that I mess with them, and that would be a tip off.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Still light outside here. Might be subdued here supposed to get down to the mid-teens tonight. more candy for me, I really don't need it.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

• << <i>Giving kids a choice of candy or coins >>

I'm puttin' my costume on right now.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot
  • You might have to start handing out coins... image
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    jdimmick: I never thought of that. I guess it would be better to be very selective in deciding who to give them to (ie. little kids versus older kids). Now I'm flustered.image
  • I've lost count, and I'm out of candy. I'm in a new area, and I didn't realize how many kids there were. I've had to start giving out change(only MS 64 and lower, of course!)
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only about 30 here. Much lighter than expected being that is a Friday and the weather is great. It seems to be pretty much over at this point. I just turned out the light.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    We had one group of about eight and that will probably be all. My driveway's about 800 ft long, so it's not worth the kids' time to hike up and down when they can hit other houses closer to the street. We take my kids to a nearby townhouse development - much more time-efficient.
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a one, unless you count the little mermaid and the fish from next door who I saw sitting on their porch as I drove in and walked over with 2 handfuls of tootsie rolls.
    imageimage

• I live so far back in the sticks that most people dont even know I am here.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Big zippo here! I've got a whole bag of candy for myself. Too bad it's a bag of Whoppers. I hate malted milk balls. I think that's why my wife bought them.
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7
  • It's raining in here in Porter Ranch and I'm still getting kids. Nothing stops these little "cute" monsters when there's candy @ stake.

By the way, in 1 week, I will have experienced brush fires, an earthquake (yes, we had one 2 days ago -- 3.7) and probably mudslides from the rain and burnt brush. Amazing, I'm just wondering what's next, locust?

Michael
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    It's hopping out here. 10 so far. Giving them handfuls so I don't have to eat it later.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • I've had 3 so far. But, it's still early on the westcoast. It's starting to rain a bit.
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭
    We had about 30 total.BTW, here is my 9 yr old son's choice of costume this year.He is a presidential trivia buff,and collector of political pins.Trust me, his idea.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file