Home U.S. Coin Forum

My Visit to the US Mint Kiosk at Union Station

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
A few days ago I was down to Washington DC and I got a chance to stop by the Mint kiosk at Union Station. First I asked to see a silver proof set. It had a scatch on the plastic over the Kennedy, so I asked for another. The second was perfect, with nice DCAMs on all the coins, so I took it. Then I asked to see a mint set. The first one I looked at was bad, the D-cent had spots on it and the D-Kennedy looked like it had been rolled down the street first before being packaged. I quickly asked to see another set, and I was quite surprised as to how much better it was. All the coins looked to be at least MS65 and the Sacs looked particularly good. If you happen to be down that way, I highly recommend stopping by. There's no shipping charge, no tax, and no waiting.
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like they have a get rid of pile and a dang they wouldn't take it pile image
  • I sure wish the U.S.mint would do something like that in at least a few of our 100.000 malls we have here in So.Cal.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Somebody who goes thru there daily was telling me somebody went through there and cherry picked all of the silver sets he had in stock and bought over 100 and left the rest (already searched) on the shelf. So the kiosk is just as bad as the mint.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file