Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is there a Cubs commemerative on the way?

northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
After winning it first division post season series in close to a century, is it true that Illinois is already changing the design of their quarter to add a stylized C? Are the inmates busy now as we speak pounding out new license plates that say Land of Harry and Kerry?

Comments

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    That may not be a bad idea. This way they'll have something to savor for the next 95 years. image

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    <<Is there a Cubs commemerative on the way?>>

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I'd vote for a Red Sox commem as well, especially if they meet the Cubs in the World Series.

Wow, imagine that: Cubs and Sox in the World Series.

Does anyone else hear the four horsemen?

We ARE watching you.

• Options

<< <i>I'd vote for a Red Sox commem as well, especially if they meet the Cubs in the World Series.

>>

Hope that does happen image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    It should be a national holiday, it happens so infrequently.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Why would there be a commemorative for a team that has been unable to win for 95 years? There have been plenty of teams that have demostrated success by winning multiple championships in 95 years. Chicago has the NBA Bulls and 4 championships.

I can think of a dozen reasons not to have high capacity magazines, but it's the reasons I haven't thought about that I need them.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i'm riding the cubs all the way to the world-series, dudes!!!

K S
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a YANKEES fan.......so........stuff it dudes

There will be a commemorative CORK medal in honor of Sammy and the Chicago Cubs

If you turkeys think the Yankees will be beaten......then you don't know Jack Schit about coin collectingimage

stewart
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    yankees schmuck, errrr, i mean SUCK.

THE CUBS ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!! THIS IS THEIR YEAR!!!

K S
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, just came across this forgotten thread from 2003. It took another "lucky" 13 years to "Win it All." Will we now see a Cubs Commemorative Coin?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would the mint issue a commemorative coin for a sports victory specific to a team? That makes no sense... of course, I do not follow ball sports, any of them.... just seems that if they do this, then it would need to become a yearly thing... The World Series Commemorative set....Nah... I don't think so.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file