Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

THE "MORNING LINE" IS UP FOR THE WINNER OF THE FULL MS67FB SILVER ROOSIE SET!

"Morning line" only. Place your (imaginary) bets image

1. Nick Cascio - 3/2
(5 coins away. workouts look very impressive).

2. Bill Walser: 5/2
(6 coins away. has proven in other races that he can not be overlooked)

3. Craig (colorfulcoins): WITHDRAWN
(18 coins away. works out at Cascio's barn and rarely has any interest in defeating Nick)

4. Northland: 18/1
(17 coins away. tough distance for this horse)

5. FIELD (all other sets out there and those unregistered sets which could register in time to defeat Nick): 9/2
(besides all the other Registry participants, there are also some sensational unregistered sets out there, but, the very best may not register in time to catch Cascio at the wire in this MS67FB complete set race - still the possibility exists and this bet gets you the entire world other than #1-4 above).

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    Don't know 'bout Roosies, but a cool & imaginative post image
  • Options
    Are you booking at those odds wondercoin?

I will bet

35 on Nick Casio -> 105
    20 on Bill Walser ->100
    3 on Craig -> 138
    4 on Northland -> 124
    18 on Field -> 112

80 bet return -> 100-138

You need to adjust your line Wondercoin (or else stick with coins) -> only adds up to 66% - most linesmakers make it 115% to 125%
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinn: Good point. I'll adjust per your figures image

Wondercoin

P.S. THEY ARE NOT PERFECT NOW, BUT BETTER. ALSO, NOTE NICK NEEDS 5 DIMES NOT 4.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Mitch, Those odds keep changing...If I was allowed to bet I'd put $10K on Walser and $10K on the field.

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Mitch, actually, I have ALREADY placed my bet - did so BEFORE PCGS even started grading FB roosevelts. My bet is with Nick that no one will have an entire and complete set of PCGS MS67FB Roosevelts (or better) by January 1, 2004. I will say that I have worked hard - very hard to lose this bet by selling to Nick some of the toughest FB coins from own set - 1953S (pop 5), 1955-P (pop 4), 1956P (pop 5), 1959P (pop 7), 1961-P (pop 2), and 1963-D (pop 2). Clearily, if I had nothing but my own interests at heart, I would have never given those coins to Nick, but seing that I'm training at his barn ( your words), I'm on Nick's team and I'm making coins for him as best I can to see him win the bet (and the horse race, it seems). So am I a long shot? NO. I'm not even in this "race". Now, you want to talk about color....................................image
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Craig: Your withdraw from the race has been acknowledged.

I would not disagree with you that it will likely be next year before anyone "wins this race" image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet theres a couple sets in the field that have one owner but several people working the set. The
    fact is that if it were not for Craig I wouldn't even be in the running. My set should be called. My
    best roosevelts thanks to Craig Harries. I have to call this our set because it could just as
    easily been Colorfulcoins on top of the registry and me working at his barn. It was literally a
    flip of the coin. This set was and will continue to be built by team effort. Many of the coins in
    this set that I made or crossed originated from Craig. Including the 1946S MS68FB that Craig
    sold me in an MS67 PCGS holder long before FB was introduced. I cracked it and sent it to NGC
    and got it in an MS68* NGC holder and then PCGS crossed it. OR how about the Raw set of
    albun toned Roosies Craig sold me for $300. My 1947S PCGS MS68FB came from that set. That
    will tell you something about the coins in that set. Craig is as dedicated to my (our) set as I am.
    I owe him a great deal of thanks of which I will never be able to fully repay.

Thank You Craig Harries. You've made a friend for life.....
    Nick Cascio
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    It is very nice to see the close competition renewed in the Roosies. As before, competition is intense but ultimately, very friendly. Congratulations for continuing the gentlemanly tradition...
  • Options
    Steve: Nice to see you stop by. image

I do think most people pursuing the Roosies right now are having a good time doing it.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Not me -- you guys are buying all the GOOD coins!! Leave a few nice coins for us "poor people!!"imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Oh Bill......I'm thinking of you.......get a super looking GEM I sent you yet? Just as I try to find coins for nick with little bands, I also look for coins that have your look.......and let me tell you, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing your set again next year at the competition. I may be going out on a limb, but I think you have the prettiest set hands-down!!!!!!!!!!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Craig is certainly a horse of a different color... and a thoroughbred to boot!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I have rolls of the ones I'm missing but by the time I submit them to PGGS and get them back, Nick may be standing on the finish line.
    Bill

My Other Hobby